/> SLO in Arkansas: And So It Begins.....

Friday, October 31, 2008

And So It Begins.....

What is happening to my little sweetie pie?!?!? We have entered into the world of tantrums, whining, and general unhappiness with the world it seems. I want my little happy boy back! I know this is just a normal developmental phase, but it is not the most fun to go through! Luckily he is still super sweet the majority of the time, he just has his moments of crazy (but hey, don't we all?). I am pretty sure the majority of it right now has to do with bottom teeth coming in, which makes for generally grumpiness. But my oh my, that boy has a temper too! Every time the child throws a fit, Silas just looks at me and sighs and says, "He gets that from your side." Oh that makes me mad, but unfortunately it's true. We do have some fiery personalities on my side!!!
I think a lot of his frustration too comes from knowing what he wants, but not being able to communicate it well. He wants to get into everything, and gets so mad when he is told no. Then he starts this awful screaming and tries to smack me, which doesn't end up well for him. Luckily he gets over things pretty fast and moves on to something else, and is happy before you know it. I am just working on setting good boundaries with him and trying to name as many things as I can for him so he can learn to ask for what he wants.
He is just growing up so fast, and I don't know where my little baby went. There are some advantages to this though. His newest thing is to run to his room and stand by his crib when he is ready for a nap or bed. It is adorable!! When I ask him if he wants to go night-night, if he is tired and ready, he runs straight to his room and waits for me to hand him his paci and lovey and put him in the bed. Easy as pie. The sad part is that I really don't even get to rock him anymore. He is just ready to head to bed. I know I am blessed in this area and hope his love for bedtime and sleep continues through the toddler years! The boy plays hard and sleeps hard. He is down to one nap a day for good now, but it is still in the middle of the day, usually around 11 am. It works ok for now though, and he can make it later if he needs to, like on Sundays for church. He is still my little man and I am so thankful for every minute of every day that I have with him, whining or not!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I hate baby teeth. They ruin our lives! Hope Halloween was great, can't wait to see pics.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home