/> SLO in Arkansas: Fall

Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall

I just wanted to share some cute pictures of the family from the past few weeks. We have been enjoying the fall and are really looking forward to cooler weather this week! Silas got so excited he went out and dug a fire pit in our backyard. I am so glad, because that was one of our favorite things about the old house. It will take a while to get this one like we want it, but we have a pit for fire and sm'ores, so that works for me:) We are also getting excited about using our fireplace inside for the first time too. I am on the lookout for some fire place tools and a grate to put on the hearth in front of it to keep little fingers from reaching in. We ate dinner on the back porch last week after Silas grilled us some chicken. Dinner and the weather were just perfect! I love this time of year.
Tyson is growing like a weed. He continues to get into everything humanly possible too, which is to be expected I guess. We are entering the world of bumps, cuts and bruises though, which is not fun for me. He has already gotten several skinned knees this summer from falling in the driveway, and last week he pulled a lamp off a table onto his face, resulting in a cut on his eyebrow, lots of screaming, and some blood. Once the initial shock wore off, Ty was fine, but it made me realize that this is only the beginning. Thankfully it was just a little cut and nothing some kisses and Neosporin couldn't fix right up. Hopefully things will stay minor for a while, I don't think my heart can take a big injury. When Tyson was first born I used to sit there and hold him and touch his little knees that were so smooth and perfect, and think about how one day he would be a little tough boy with scrapes and bruises. It hurt my heart then to think about him getting hurt, and I just can't believe that day got here so fast. Luckily the little scrapes aren't as bad as they seemed back then, but I still want to do everything in my power to protect him and keep him safe. Unfortunately he is a wild man, and I think I may have several heart attacks during his childhood:) He actually busted his lip this morning on the laundry basket!
Just look at this face! How could you say no to this little fellow?!?!? He was all dressed up for church last week when I took this picture. He forgets to smile for the camera, but I like this face too. He is quite the little boy already, isn't he?
And one of my favorite pictures from last week when my parents were here visiting. Mom and I were shopping in TJ Max and found some cute Halloween costumes. We couldn't tell about the sizes, so we decided to try one on Tyson while we were there. He was not too happy about this plan, since the gorilla costume was really hot, and he had much better things to be doing like pushing our shopping cart around the store. It was a very funny moment, that ended up with my mom laughing so hard in the floor, and me trying to get my camera out of my purse to capture the moment, and lots of customers looking at us strangely since we were dying laughing and making a scene right in the checkout lane:) My favorite part was that once we got the costume on him, he ran off and started pushing the cart around, which was very funny to say the least since he was a little gorilla running wild with a shopping basket! Good times were had by all. We didn't even end up getting the costume, since I couldn't decide if it would be too hot for him or not. We are still shopping around for now:) Any good ideas on costumes for toddlers? He doesn't really like things on his head, so most of the outfits are out that have head pieces. Not sure what we will do this year. We are going to a Fall Festival at our church for Halloween instead of Trick-or-treating, so I have to get something he can wear around for a few hours.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I LOVE him in that gorilla costume! He is really a cute kid, Bar.

PS. You look gorgeous in that picture:)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I bought Olivia a monkey costume the other day from Old Navy and we put it on her Sunday afternoon, and she freaked! I mean, kicking, screaming, ripping the costume off of her. I have no idea what I am going to do now. I told Jonathon the other day maybe we should do a Cheerleader costume because the costume is similar to regular clothes and she may enjoy the pom-poms.
Some costume ideas:
cowboy, minus the hat
football player, minus the helmet
pumpkin, minus the stalk hat
I am sure I will think of others. However, I thought he looked really adorable in the gorilla outfit.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

They are a walking danger zone at this age, huh? We have seriously thought about putting Annabel in a helmet. Not good for pictures, but it may save her poor skull. I swear, it's daily.

Good luck with the Halloween. We've already started thinking about how we are going to modify Christmas. What are we supposed to do about the tree? It seems like a breakable toddler playground. Any thoughts?

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home