/> SLO in Arkansas: NEA District Fair

Saturday, September 20, 2008

NEA District Fair

We took Ty to the fair this week and had a great time. He was too little to remember going last year in Searcy, so it was fun to watch him enjoy things this time around. And I remembered to bring my camera this year, which makes for better memories! The biggest reason to go to the fair hands down is for the food, and eat we did! Tyson's favorite part was definitely the roasted corn on the cob dripping with butter. Once little man got to eating on it, he wouldn't give it back, so Silas and I had to go back for another one! Apparently the buttery cobs make for excellent teething toys as well:) We also enjoyed sharing some hot dogs and fries for dinner, and topped things off with a wonderful funnel cake. It was all great, although I will have to admit the First Assembly of God in Searcy makes a much better funnel cake. So good in fact we might have to make the trip back to Searcy next year just to have one:)

Besides the food, the next best thing was the petting zoo. Tyson loves animals of all sorts and had a ball watching the little critters clamor for the food! He giggled away as the goats licked his hands and arms:)
He was also fascinated by the camel we found there. They stared at each other for a long time:) I got worried that the camel might start spitting or something crazy, but it was well behaved, thank goodness! Tyson loved the baby pot bellied pigs too. They were adorable!!! I wanted to bring one home right there. He enjoyed walking around and looking at all the lights and rides, but we didn't get on any. I figured this is probably the last year to get away with going to the fair for under $30, so why waste the money when he isn't actually asking to go on any rides. The carousel did look fun though.
Anyway, we had a great time overall. It was such a perfect night to go, and we actually wore jackets because it was so cool:) It made for a much more pleasant experience than the usual sweat fest. We are having so much fun with the kiddo now that he is old enough to know what's going on and participate more in outings and activities. He is growing up too fast though if you ask me. He turned 14 months old today actually. People ask us all the time if he is 18 months old, I guess because of his size. He is also turning into a mama's boy, which I have mixed emotions about. He loves his daddy to death, but he has really gotten clingy to me lately and cries when I leave the house to go to work. I hate that so much:( The flip side is seeing how excited he is when I get home. Thank goodness I don't really work more than 2 or 3 hours at a time, so I'm not gone too long. He also cut two new teeth this past week, so he is officially up to 6 now:) They didn't seem to bother him too much, which was good. Everything else is going well. Fall is just busy busy as usual.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Hattie said...

It looks like you had so much fun at the fair! I remember going to fairs with my family and we always had such a good time. Those are great family memories!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I laughed when I thought about Ty and the camel staring at each other for a long time! A silent encounter with a furry long-necked friend.
Be glad he's a mama's boy. Jude sure is. Our hearts might break otherwise!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home