/> SLO in Arkansas: Random Update

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random Update

I don't really have anything specific to say, so I thought I would update on a couple of ongoing things in our life. The top picture is of Tyson on his first day of Mother's Day Out. He wouldn't look at the camera though, so its the best picture I got:) He had a hard time on the first day, and then did a little better the second day. He went back yesterday for his second week and had a great day!! This is such a relief to me, as it frees me up to work more during the day, and get a small little break from him as well. Don't get me wrong, I love being with little man, but I actually unloaded the dishwasher without having to put half of the silverware back because he pulled them out and sucked on them!!! And then I checked my email without him turning the computer off in the middle, and I went to the bathroom by myself, and I may have even sat at the table and eaten a plate of food for lunch. One taste of freedom like that people, and it's hard to not want a little more! And then I missed him really bad and was so excited to pick him up and bring him home and love on him for the rest of the day. So I am really glad he likes it there and is adjusting quickly. He is even managing to take a 45 minute nap too, which I did not expect:) So things are going well on the MDO front.
I started attending the Ladies Bible Class at our church yesterday as well. Its nice because on Tuesdays I can take him to school, then get to LBC, and then still work for a few hours before I have to pick him up at 2:00pm. I am very excited about the class, and getting plugged in at church with mothers of children too. We are doing a study called the Frazzled Female which looks good, and should be good at helping us rearrange our priorities to make sure the way we are spending our time each day is on the things that truly matter. I am looking forward to class each week!
We broke down and finally installed child latches on the kitchen cabinets this week. Tyson loves getting inside of them, as you can see in the picture. He also loves destroying everything and chewing on the doors, so we felt it was time. I hate the things because I can't get what I need as quickly, but they have helped in the areas they are supposed to, so I guess its worth it. He still has free reign over the Tupperware cabinet and a few others with barely anything in them. He tries really hard to pull them open, and then gets a really puzzled look on his face when he can't. Its funny:)
I have kept up with my running and continue to go 2-3 times a week, usually about 2 miles each time. It has helped to have a friend in the neighborhood go with me, as we usually chat the miles away and forget that we are actually running! I am feeling good and can tell that it is getting easier the longer we do it. Hopefully we will increase our distance soon. We are loving the cooler weather in the evenings too:)

The county fair is coming to town next week, so we have plans to take Tyson and soak up all the excitement it has to offer. The petting zoo and kiddie rides are our main destination, and of course Silas and I only go for the funnel cakes and turkey legs, so everyone should have a good time!

My work continues to plug along. Its not as predictable as I would like, but the flexibility is wonderful, so I will stick with it. We are finally starting to settle into a groove here with all of our activities, which feels good. Arkansas State Univ, here in town has started their football season off 2-0 and looks to have a good year, so we will probably become Red Wolf fans soon:) We hope to catch a home game in one of the upcoming weekends as well. Everything else is good here. Oh yeah, we are in the process of teaching Tyson how to call the Hogs. Its pretty funny! I know all of our extended family is going to hate this (especially the Texas folks), but what can we say, the boy is an Arkansan! Too bad our team isn't that great:)
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I want to learn how to call the Hogs too!

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home