/> SLO in Arkansas: House Pictures Part One

Monday, August 25, 2008

House Pictures Part One

I know it has taken me forever to get these posted, but better late than never! I hate taking pictures of rooms, since you can never really get a good angle to see the whole thing. Here are a few to get us started off, since I can't figure out how to get more than 4 pictures posted at a time on here anyway!! This first one is our master bedroom. I cringe even posting this since you can see my lovely mattress at the bottom of the bed. I have since put on the bed skirt, but was too lazy ( and the room was not clean!) to take another picture:)
Here is one view of our kitchen, taken from the eating area on the other side of the bar. It is probably my most favorite room in the house and one we spend the most time in. It is very functional and I have really enjoyed cooking now that I have tons of fabulous counter space to do it. We are still using our tiny little kitchen table from the old house, until we find one that works with our new colors, etc. It is functional for now, but not my favorite thing, since it does not match at all! We are also needing some bar stools for the great long bar, but those will also have to come later.
Here is our master bath, or part of it anyway. This was a very tricky room to get a picture of! I love the huge jacuzzi tub and am planning to spend lots of time soaking away this winter in a warm bubbly bath:) There is a separate room to the left of the tub that has the shower and toilet. I also have a great storage cabinet to the right of the right hand sink when you walk in, but couldn't get it in the picture.
This is another picture of the kitchen. We have a built in desk area, and to the right is our built in buffet/china cabinet thing. Since we chose not to go with a formal dining room in the house, these are fabulous features that really save space and are quite useful. I love having all of the office/computer stuff right where I can get to it easily and keep it all contained in one small area. The extra storage and counters are great too, especially since the kitchen is the hub of the home:)

We have found this to be a really livable and enjoyable floor plan so far, and continue to find more ways that it works for us the longer we live here. I have really enjoyed making it our home, and that will continue to be a work in progress for a long time! There are so many things on the giant list of things to buy, since we have more space, but they will come in time. I am super excited for September and the unofficial beginning of the fall season, so I can pull out my decorating stuff:) Only one more week!!! Another thing I have been so thankful for is the cost efficiency of the house. We added upgraded windows and extra insulation during the building process to help with this, and it is already paying off. Our utilities in this house are already cheaper per month than the same month last year at the old house. What's amazing is that this house is about 50% bigger, and still cheaper! I love it! We continue to work on unpacking those last straggling boxes, which are mostly in the garage. We have almost got it cleaned out though, and I am feeling good that it is almost finished. We got it cleaned out enough to get the boat in on one side, and now are working to get the rest cleaned out to get one car in for the winter. I am not discouraged though, since I have peeked at several of my neighbors garages and they look awful!!!

I will get several more pictures up here soon of more rooms of the house. Hopefully this is a good start for those of you who have not seen it yet. Tyson and I went to the first MOPS meeting of the fall here in Jonesboro this morning, and had a good time. It is not nearly as organized as the one in Searcy, but it is a good group of women and I think it will be fun. Ty did great playing with the other kids and made it home for a late nap without a major meltdown:) He is such a happy boy and I am reminded of how great he is when I get to see other toddlers his age in action with their meltdowns! That is something I am continually thankful for (his cheerful disposition).

We are heading out to the lake this weekend for Labor Day for one last big hurrah before summer comes to an end. I am so thankful that we have a place to stay up there, and can spend all weekend on the water, eating, and hanging out with friends. I think we will have about 12-14 people staying at the lake house, which is always exciting! We have been so blessed by the hospitality of new friends and are excited about the opportunity to get to share the boat with others as well. If the weather cooperates and its not too choppy, we may try to get little man out on the tube this time:)
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

The house looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it in person!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I love love love the kitchen! The colors look great in there and I cant wait to see...hopefully Renee and I can still plan a trip out to see everything

6:09 AM  
Blogger Shiann Metheny said...

This is the second house you've lived in that I thought was a dream house. If we ever build, you will have to help me!

Really, it looks great! Congrats on settling...I was beginning to wonder if people really do that!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home