/> SLO in Arkansas: House Pictures Part 2

Friday, August 29, 2008

House Pictures Part 2

Here are a few more pictures of the house. The first two are of the den/living room..whichever you want to call it! It continues to be a work in progress as well, but functions well for now. The biggest thing missing is the TV. We actually have a flat screen for this room, but are still lacking the stand to put it on to keep it out of the baby's reach, so for now it is making its home in our bedroom. We have a tiny little older TV in the den for now, which Tyson likes to lick and bang all of his toys on:) Eventually we will get around to getting a stand and getting the good TV in the den.
Our den opens up right into the eating area of the kitchen, which you can see in the background. I love this openness to the house. The only thing that made it tricky was that there are really not any walls in the den, so arranging the furniture has been a challenge! It is working so far though. You can also see our foyer, entry way off of the den. I love the columns and arch there. The door you see in the foyer is actually to the stairs leading to the bonus room. I really like having a door to the stairs, especially with a little one.
Not the best shot of Tyson's room, but there were no good angles! His changing table is on the right when you walk in, and then his rocking chair is over in the left corner by the closet and window. He really likes his room, and gets some good playing time in here. I am really not doing too much to it for the moment, since I know he will be transitioning to a big boy bed in the next year, and I will have to move all of the furniture around once he gets new stuff.
I couldn't really make a post without a picture of a person, so here I am! A very rare shot of me alone and actually dressed in normal clothes:) If you haven't noticed already, we take all of our pictures in front of the lovely fireplace. Silas designed it himself and we really love the way it turned out. They used the tile from the kitchen as the surround, which ties the two rooms together well. I am really excited about the cooler weather just around the corner, and getting to sit by the fire in the evenings. And drink hot chocolate.....and wear my sweatpants:) I love the fall!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

The fireplace is my absolute favorite! The house is gorgeous and you all did a terrific job picking colors, etc.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

You look great:) So does the house. I'm ready for fall too. I'm tired of being sweaty all the time, and lifting a moist sweaty baby out of his carseat every day:(

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home