/> SLO in Arkansas: Mama

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mama

Every time I think my heart cannot melt one more time, Tyson goes and does something so precious I just can't stand it. This week he has decided to bless me beyond words by finally saying the one word I have been waiting to hear for so long..."mama." He has been saying daddy for a long time now, and I have tried so hard to be patient and wait for my time to come. It was worth the wait! Now he comes toddling up to me going mama, mama, mama. I am sure I will be sick of hearing this in the next little while, but for now, it is priceless:) He is really kicking things into high gear lately, so this post will be about catching everyone up on his ever changing ways.

He is now 13 months old and a full fledged toddler. I have begun to realize that life at home with a boy toddler is more like living with a seek and destroy missile, or a wrecking ball. Those are the two best descriptions I have for the utter chaos he puts the house into in a mere matter of seconds! I love just sitting back and watching him work his magic around the house:) As you can see in the picture above, he is now wearing some new shoes too. I decided that my barefoot kid may need a pair of shoes to start going to Mother's Day out, so off we headed to the shoe store. This was an adventure since he has never worn shoes before! The minute you walk in the door you instantly get sucked into the baby shoe cuteness, and it's all down hill from there! Kid shoes are stinking adorable guys! I was going to get something relatively cheap and practical, but its very hard to resist the tiny little name brands:) Anyway, Silas ended up getting some new work boots for himself, and I got to get the cute little Nike's for Tyson since it was buy one pair and get the second half off. Otherwise we would have gone with something else:) Tyson loves his new shoes and proudly wears them everywhere! He is even starting to say "shoes" when we put them on. With the new shoes has come a whole new set of problems though! Ty is a tall kid anyway, but the shoes give him just enough extra height to now reach all of those things I was hoping would be out of reach for a few more months!! My biggest problem is doors. The kid can get all the doors in my house open, including the back and garage doors. Now we have to start locking them so he can't escape the house. He can also reach more things on the counters and the kitchen table too. We are constantly having to move things that he gets into that we thought was in a safe place!
I just love this picture of him sitting in the floor. I dressed him up in his Americana outfit in honor of our watching the US women's Olympic soccer team play Brazil in the gold medal match. We won by the way, and Tyson and I did several celebratory dances around the house:) I think he may be a soccer fan!
These last two were taken this morning. He is getting so big, and sometimes I just wonder where my little baby went. He is wearing 18 month clothes, and working his way towards 24 month. His shoes gave him extra height and his pants are in danger of getting too short in the near future! We had his Open House for Mother's Day Out last night, which was fun. We got to meet his teachers and see the classroom he will be in. He was not shy at all and walked right in and made himself at home:) He loved the toys and made friends with several other boys that will be in his room. Even though all the kids in his room are around the same age, Tyson was so much bigger than the rest of them. He was one of the only walkers too, and much more active. I guess I don't realize how busy he is until I see other boys his same age sitting quietly in the floor with a toy while my child is running around and wrestling the pillows and pushing strollers around the room! My kid really knows how to play and have a good time:) I am feeling good about his big boy school, and just hope that naps work themselves out and he makes it through the day. We are still in that no mans land between one nap and two. He still needs two, but a lot of days our schedule doesn't always allow for that, and the evenings get rough sometimes. Sundays are probably the worst since we have church and then lunch before he can go down. Hopefully once things get going we will settle into some type of a schedule that works that we can stick with on the days he goes to school and days he is at home. We will see.
What else is the little guy doing? He still only has four teeth, but is teething hard core on everything in my house. Right now his favorite chew toy is my cabinets! He opens the bottom ones and goes to town gnawing on the top of the door, which is right about face level for him. It looks like a beaver lives here! He also throws all of his toys, and some of my things, into my bathtub, and then turns the water on and watches everything get soaked. That's a fun game:) He is really pushing limits now and seeing what all he can get away with. Luckily he listens pretty well and can be redirected easily. His vocabulary is really increasing and he can say lots of words. He may not always use them on a regular basis, but as of now he has said....Bible, daddy,mama, shoes, toys, juice, uh-oh, bye-bye, yes, and something that sounds like ball. There are more, but I can't think of them right now. My babysitter said she thinks he says her little boys name when he is over there...Chase. He loves dogs and cats, but I haven't heard him say either of those yet. He knows what they are when you talk about them though:)

I guess that is all of the big stuff he is up to these days. He is one active little critter, but always has a big smile and loves to laugh. His personality just keeps getting bigger every day, if that's possible! We are excited about the lake this weekend and then head straight into his new school and everything next week. I will post an update soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Sorry the pictures are missing...something screwed up during the posting and they aren't there....ugghhh!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

From reading your post, I can tell there really is a difference between little boys and girls. Olivia never expressed interest in kitchen cabinets until recently, and that is only to open them and get food out :) I had always heard of ladies keeping one special cabinet safe for kiddos to play with, but I never had to do that. Also, she has never expressed interest in dumping things in my tub and turning on the water, but I do know a little boy, who is about a year older than Olivia, who really enjoyed doing it.
Oh, well, boys are boys and girls are girls and they are very different :)
I am glad to hear that he is talking up a storm. I worried with Olivia because she didn't really start talking until after she had tubes put in (she was around 18 months), but I think it was because she couldn't hear.
Ty sounds like he is doing awesome and I hope to see him soon. :)

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I don't have the average girl but Corban does the same things -- empties all the cabinets, throws things all around the house with reckless abandon, fills up my tub with her toys and then soaks them. So fun, huh? But you're right, those times when they run to you and call you "Mommy" make it all worth it. :-)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I guess I am simultaneously looking forward to and dreading when Jude becomes a toddler and pulls the same stuff...he's just dozing so peacefully right now, so innocent, never banged around in my kitchen...but if he's as much fun to be around as Ty, I can't wait:)

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home