/> SLO in Arkansas: What Am I Thinking?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What Am I Thinking?

Something is wrong with me. I have decided to start jogging since last week. I have currently gone 2 miles. It has been at least two years since I have even attempted to run, so it is definitely a shock to the body. I am trying to take it nice and slow, just a mile at a time for now. I need new running shoes though. It will really help when they get the roads paved around my neighborhood so I can run on a flat surface. Right now it is more like trail running over bumps and mounds of dirt and rock! It still wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the fact that I wait for the cover of darkness to go out. I am still not ready to be seen "jogging" yet! Plus it has cooled off to about 90 degrees by sundown, which is better than 100:) I haven't quite figured out why I decided to start this endeavor in the dead of summer. Maybe its because my whole life I would have to be out running all summer to train for soccer once school started back. It makes me feel old and young at the same time. I think I am liking it! I will let you know how it goes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Oh that's great! I am just starting to get back to jogging too, and its tough. I quit my 3rd trimester and just walked, so it feels weird this time around. I'm with you on the new shoes, I think I'm going to get some new ones to motivate me! But you're crazy for running outside in 90 degrees...I'm a treadmill girl. The only acceptable months to run outside are October and April ;)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ha Ha:) I dont think it counts as exercise if its too pleasant! You gotta have a few mosquites, be dripping sweat and think you might have a heat stroke for it to be any fun:) I found a friend to run with too, so I may stick with it longer than I thought:)

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More power to ya girl! My motto is "Only run when being chased." :-)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I agree with Erin...I hate running. But kudos to you for at least doing something; I can't say the same for me :)

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home