/> SLO in Arkansas: Happy 1st Birthday Tyson!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Tyson!

I apologize ahead of time if this gets sappy, but this little boy has me so wrapped around his finger it's not even funny:) As we have been celebrating the first year of Tyson's life today, I can't help but think about all the things that have happened over the past 12 months. My world has been forever changed, and in such a fabulous way! I thought I would write a little bit about what he is doing lately, more as a memento to him than anything else.
Tyson Rhodes Orbison,
You are absolutely, hands down the sweetest kid there is. During all of the months your daddy and I prayed to be blessed with children, I could not have ever begun to imagine how God would answer our prayers through you. Your life blesses us so much and in so many ways little one. From the very beginning of your life you have exhibited so much personality. The labor and delivery nurses were so sad they day we left the hospital to take you home, since you were one of their favorite babies to love on and cuddle. Dr. Moore warned me at your 2 week appointment that I would have my hands full, as you were so alert and lively! Boy was he right! You came into this world with those big brown eyes open and raring to go:) From the time you were little you have wanted to stand up and jump. Those little legs were always moving, and haven't stopped since. Thank goodness when you finally got big enough to enjoy your jump-a-roo!!! You gave that thing a run for its money for sure:) Your dad and I have loved every minute of watching you grow and learn new things. You are definitely a thinker. Those big eyes are always watching and never miss a thing. You are very good at new tasks when you try them since you have been carefully observing just how to do them before you try on your own. One of your favorite things to do is eat! You have loved food since your first bite of baby food and cereal, and continue to eat like a champ. You are always willing to try new things and love whatever mom and dad are having. Your smile is infectious. It is very rare that you are not grinning or laughing about something. The sound of your giggle makes my heart melt, and thankfully I get to hear it every day. Although it is not the most manly nickname, dad and I call you our little "sugar bear." You give the best sugar in the world! You have adapted well to every change we have made during your last 12 months. We have moved twice and both times you settled right into your groove in the new place. You love your crib and sleep so well in it. You continue to take 2 two hour naps a day, and sleep about 11 hours at night. I guess we are catching up from all those nights none of us got much sleep back in the beginning! I nursed you for 11 months and only quit when I got sick and had to be on medication. I think the change was harder for me than it was you. Like every other change in your life, you took it in stride and adjusted quickly. You are always the life of the party wherever we go. You have never met a stranger. It takes forever to shop in Walmart because I get stopped so many times by random people who have to comment on those big beautiful eyes and engaging personality! You have been described by others as a model child and the happiest kid ever:) I haven't decided yet if that is the result of good parenting or just your beautiful personality!!! You get so excited at the end of the day when you see your dad walk through the door. I love those moments when I get to step back and just watch the two of you together, laughing and playing. My favorite parts of the day are the times I get to hold you and rock you to sleep. You are always so content and peaceful. Then I can't wait for my next favorite part of the day when you wake up and I get to go into your room and see you standing up in your crib, smiling and bouncing up and down you are so excited!! You are so smart and busy. You love learning how to do new things, but sometimes get frustrated. When you start to fuss, dad just looks at you and says, "son, be a problem solver." You can usually figure out how to do what you want, but we are always there to help if you need it. You love to be held and kissed and loved on, and you get plenty of it! Daddy and I can't get enough of you most days! You love your bath time and playing in any kind of water. You are totally obsessed with wheels. You are crazy about all types of moving things with wheels, and could sit and spin them all day long. You have such a tender heart, even at this age. Many of the kids you play with are older and inevitably end up pulling your paci out of your mouth. Instead of crying or taking it back, I have seen you take it and try to give it who ever was trying to take it from you:) I hope this sharing lasts through next year too! Though I know I am biased as your mother, I can truly say you are a perfect joy to be around. You have transformed the way I thought I knew how to love, and made our family so much more complete. Every minute of every day with you is a blessing. Your daddy and I love you more than you could ever comprehend little one, and are so humbled that we have been given the chance to be your parents. So dream big, play hard, and sleep well knowing you are so loved. We can't wait to see what your next year has in store for us!

Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Happy Birthday you big boy! We love you and are so proud of you! Thanks for making my sister and brother-in-law so happy!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Happy Belated 1st Birthday, Ty! Congratulations Mom and Dad, you have survived your first year.
I loved the sweet post you posted for him. You should print it off and put it in his baby book.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren.........you do have one sweet little guy. I can't hardly believe he is already a year old. It seems like only yesterday that you were in the hospital giving birth.

You and Silas are excellent parents and therefore......Ty is such a blessing to everyone that comes in contact with him. I hope you can come to the office one day soon and share some of Ty's contagious joy.

Happy Birthday Tyson!

KayLynne

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet! Happy birthday Ty! Hope year 2 is even better.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I love what you wrote about your boy, Lauren: it's really beautiful! I was doing really well until I got to the last pictures of him as a newborn and then I lost it. It sure is heavy...our little ones being here for a whole year. Give Ty our love and wish him a happy birthday from us!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 year old already? Where does the time go? This could be one of the all time cutest pictures of Tyson ever! Love you all! Renee

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home