/> SLO in Arkansas: Silas Rocks the Mic

Friday, July 18, 2008

Silas Rocks the Mic

We got a chance to go out with a group of friends in town last weekend and decided to hit the karaoke joint. There is a great little place in Waldenburg called Josies, that has great food and fun entertainment. Silas and one other girl from our group of 10 were the only ones brave enough to get up and sing, and they both did great! It was so much fun watching Silas sing away! He picked the song "John Deere Green" and the crowd loved it and we all sang along too. I was so proud of him!!! We had steaks and baked potatoes and I got a grilled portabella mushroom and we ate until we were stuffed. It's worth going back for the food!
It was so nice to have a night out too. It took a while to find a babysitter, but we finally found a college student from ASU to come watch little man. She basically just put him to bed and then watched movies the rest of the night, which was fine with me since I had never met her before! Tyson did great and that makes me feel better. I hate leaving him sometimes!
These are just some random pictures of Silas and I with little man. He is getting so big! I am so proud of him and the new things he learns everyday.
The rest of this post will just be random stuff. Tyson took his first steps over the 4th of July weekend. He will take one or two now, but then goes down and crawls where he want to go. The kid is lightening fast at crawling!!! He walks good holding onto your fingers still, but is just not ready to let go and take off on his own yet. I am ready for that day to come, because he is a big kid and wears me out carrying him around all the time! I am trying to enjoy these days though, since I know walking will be a whole new level of independence and I will come to miss when he wanted me to hold him all day. He is a very loving kid and loves to be kissed or tickled. I love watching Silas rough house with him...they are so cute. Tyson just squeals with delight when Silas gets down on all fours and starts counting to three. Tyson knows daddy is going to come and get him, and he loves it!!! I am not sure if I mentioned it in an earlier post, but Ty has also learned to dance. We listen to a christian music kids CD in the mornings after he wakes up and when he hears the beat, he starts squatting up and down and shaking his head! I love it! He will dance by himself for a while, but his favorite is when I pick him up and spin around and dance around the room with him. We get quite a workout in the mornings:)

As far as the house goes, things are definitely not finished, but coming along. The yard is taking a big chunk of time since it really needs a lot of attention to get it established. This has been difficult to do with it being the dead of summer. We have to water like crazy and a few things are still struggling in the heat. We really need to get it professionally fertilized, but that is on the end of a big "to do" list! We have finally gotten blinds up on all the windows, which is very nice. That was a big accomplishment for sure! There are still pictures to be hung and things to decorate, but the bulk of settling in is done. We need several new pieces of furniture too, but those will have to wait for now. Work is going ok for me for the most part. It can be very frustrating, but I am getting back into the groove. I have been much more adventurous with cooking lately and we have really enjoyed eating at home. I am proud to announce that I think we have finally broken the eating out habit!!! We go out for Sunday lunch after church and that is about it. I am even making things ahead of time to freeze for the night I work, so I don't have to worry about dinner when I get home. It's a whole new world in our house! I am having fun trying a bunch of recipes I have been saving for years:) It is so much easier to cook now too, since one of us can play with the baby while the other gets supper ready. It is so hard to get anything done in the kitchen with him under your feet if you are by yourself!

I guess that is all for now. I went with a friend to the Memphis Zoo yesterday and we took the kids, so I will post about that next when I get the pictures on the computer:)
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I like thinking about Ty squatting up and down and dancing! Try to get pictures of his sweet moves, if you can!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home