/> SLO in Arkansas: Tyson's First Birthday...Round 1

Monday, July 14, 2008

Tyson's First Birthday...Round 1

Tyson celebrated round one of his birthday the weekend after the 4th of July. Since my parents and niece were here to visit, we decided to have a little family birthday celebration a few weeks early. I got a chance to practice making his cake too, which was nice! I am sure Ty won't mind having to eat several cupcakes over the next few weeks either:) The top picture is of my niece Kia, Ty and my mom at the water park. We had a great time swimming and cooling off, and just hanging out.
I love this one of Kia and Tyson. Kia is 14 and Ty is her closest cousin in age on my side of the family. Tyson adores her and had a great time playing while they were here. Kia is so good with him, and was such a big help to me too! We can't wait to see them again next month when we head out to Nashville.
Here is my first attempt at Tyson's turtle birthday cake. It definitely did not look like the picture on the box, but it turned out better than it could have by far! To be fair, Silas helped me with some of the decorating part:) The turtle's body is made out of individual cupcakes that you arrange and then frost together like a cake. Then we just pulled him apart and ate him! Ty had a separate cupcake with sprinkles with his candle in it that he ate.
Here's the only good picture I have of us as a family. Tyson tore into his cupcake and ate the entire thing in no time! He didn't make too much of a mess though...just the icing on his face:) I thought the sugar would keep him up for sure, but little man slept like a dream that night:) His actual first birthday is this coming Sunday, the 20th. I don't have anything specific planned yet, but I am sure we will come up with something for the celebration.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Who are all these pretty ladies in all these pictures??? Is it my family? The cake looks good too...you are more creative than me! I dont think Ty cares much about looks anyway, he just wants that icing!! What a cutie, I really cant wait to show Jude to him.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Wow! 1...seriously, where did the time go? Is he walking yet? I have seen the pictures of him standing on his own.
Your cake is really cute and a great first attempt. I love homemade cakes and stuff.
Jonathon is home early today from work, and we have gym later tonight, so afterwards, if you are available I will call you.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home