/> SLO in Arkansas: Progress on the House

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Progress on the House

They are really doing a good job working on our house lately. Things change so much from week to week that it is always exciting to go out there and see what all has been done. I guess it works out well that I can only see it once every week or two, so there is always a lot to look at. Now it is bricked, roofed, drywalled, and mudded inside. They are prepping the walls for paint, and the trim guy should do his thing this coming week I believe. He is also doing all of the closet configurations, so we have had fun getting to design how we want our closet to be. We have a huge master closet...it is more like a small room!! It is 12 x 6 I think. Silas is leaving room for a gun safe on his side, and I have tons of shelves and hanging space. I am a dork about organization, and this is all very exciting for me!! We actually spent the day in Little Rock today, and went to a fabulous new place called the Container Store. It is everything you could ever dream of in the way of organizing every room of your house. We had a good time and didn't buy too much:) We are getting down to the finishing touches after this. We have all of our lights selected and just have to order them, and we are in the process of finalizing paint colors. This has been one of the hardest parts for me!!! We have most of them picked out, but are working on one for our master bedroom and living room. Tyson's room will be Alaskan blue, as well as the bathrooms, and the kitchen is going to be an earthy color called Ancient copper. I'm pretty nervous about how bold that will be, but am keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out well. The rest of the rooms will be pretty neutral shades of some type of tan/taupe or brown, but those are the ones we are still deciding on. Anyway, I can't wait for them to get the cabinets/counters in and the flooring. That is what I am looking forward to the most I think. We are still aiming for them to have it completed around the end of May, and hopefully that will be pretty realistic. They have done great to this point. Silas is working on picking out the landscaping and we are trying to get it worked out so we can get a pool. I just can't imagine not having one for this summer now that Ty is old enough to enjoy the water! We will most likely do another above ground pool, since we enjoyed our last one so much. We have actually found a better one though, that is even more reasonably priced, so that is good. The trick is trying to coordinate getting it installed at just the right time to not slow them down in sodding the yard and getting the fence up. I'm optimistic it will all work out though!! Things are going great and we are looking forward to being in the new place soon. There are many things I will not miss about apartment life for sure!! I will post more pictures as more details get completed, but enjoy these for now.
This is a view of our living room from the kitchen/dining room.
Vaulted ceiling and windows in the living room.
This is looking at the kitchen/dining room from the living room before the dry wall went up. You can see the stairs in the background that are off the foyer and lead to the upstairs bonus room and bathroom...I mean the man room!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Love love love the house! You will be in there running around before you know it! I'm all for bold kitchen colors...the "heart of the house" deserves a spectacular color :) Thanks again for coming to Nashville the other weekend, those times are so precious to me now. I love you, I'll call you in the next day or two.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I cannot wait to see the new house; I know you will make great color/decorating decisions.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bar, your home is going to be so awesome! It really is moving along quickly so it won't be much longer in the apartment! Love the Millstone, too, by the way! Love to you all, Renee

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home