/> SLO in Arkansas: Treading Water

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Treading Water

Ever feel overwhelmed by life and like you are treading water and just trying to keep your head from going under? Yeah, me too. It is just one of those crazy times in life where there are too many things that need to get done than there are hours in the day. People like me....anal people who usually feel pretty efficient and organized and on the ball....we hate times like this. I am trying to get my life back to some recognizable sense of organization, but it is proving more difficult than I thought. Here are the highlights of the past week, in no particular order.


1) We moved into a little apartment...I had it totally unpacked in 2 days, but still can't find anything because its just not that familiar to me
2) We still have quite a few things sitting in the garage of the old house, but just no time to get everything loaded up and moved, so I am spending a lot of time running back and forth picking things up that I need from the house. Sigh.
3) We have 3 fantastically loud college guys that live in the apartment above us. BIG SIGH. Can you say Guitar Hero??? All hours of everyday, heavy metal thumping guitar hero playing and stomping on the ceiling loudness. Guitar Hero is not conducive to little Ty's nap schedule, or college guys schedules in general are not conducive to our schedule in general.
4) I miss my quiet house and being in control of my environment. This has been a huge struggle for me especially, since there is not much I can do about any of it.
5) Which leads me to....If you cant beat 'em, join 'em. I may go knocking on the door upstairs soon and ask to try my hand at Guitar Hero.....hey, I just might like it!
6) Laundry. I don't have a washer or dryer in the apartment, so I have to use the one in the front of the complex...you know, the community one. Another big sigh. I forgot the stress of remembering to hoard your quarters like crazy just so you could have some clean underwear that week.
7) Babies make lots of messes, which leads to lots of dirty clothes, which leads again to sadness that there is just no good way to drag the baby and the mound of dirty clothes and detergent to the washers and back several times a day.
8) Someone keeps taking my assigned parking spot. I have now become that person who leaves sweet (yes sweet) little notes on people's windshields politely asking them to not take my spot again. It worked:)


oh goodness, I know this has turned into a lot of whining and complaining. Sorry. I am just slow to adjust and that is something I am not used to. I work on my attitude daily and look hard for things to be grateful for, which really isn't hard when it comes down to it. The things that are bothering me are simply annoyances, not really any major challenge. I guess it can be the little things that all add up in a day though that can sometimes wear you down. Please pray for my attitude in this time of transition that I may find strength to get through the little stresses, and learn to have joy in all circumstances:) Despite the stress of the moment, life is still good!

P.S. Our new house is going up FAST and it is totally exciting. I saw it for the first time this weekend and it's crazy how far along they are already. We have lots of great pictures, but the camera is still in Jonesboro, so I will have to post those in the next few days. That will be a very happy post for sure!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Our Family said...

Lauren, please call me when you need to do some laundry. :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I give you, Silas and Ty tons of kudos for living in an apartment; I am not sure I could go back to it. But, on a side note, go and play Guitar Hero; we have it for the Wii and we love it.
Can't wait to see pictures of the new house :) You will be in it sooner than you know :)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Yeah, I've tried guitar hero and its too hard. I'm impressed with people that are good at it:) Ty will want one in no time! I'm sure the apartment is no fun for now, but you'll appreciate the space and the quiet so much more once you get in your new house. Love you

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I echo Deidre's offer of laundry services or nap time or whatever -- you're welcome to come by whenever you'd like!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks for all the offers of support guys...I really appreciate it!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home