/> SLO in Arkansas: Little T

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Little T

Here is Ty wearing his daddy's (nasty) Razorback hat. He has some cute Razorback outfits that I can't wait for him to wear this fall:)
He looks a little nervous in this picture for some reason! This was a few weeks ago, and it was his first night to eat saltine crackers. He couldn't quite figure out how to get the little pieces from the tray into his mouth, but is doing much better now. He has also graduated to eating whole crackers, which is a lot easier:) They definitely keep him entertained while we are trying to eat out, and he thinks he is such a big boy getting to eat real food too!
Just a cute picture of my boys hanging out on the couch with their snacks:)
I had to throw in a cute naked picture of the little guy:) He has so much fun in the bathtub, and then gets to air out a little and play on his changing table while we sing songs before he goes to bed. This is one of my favorite times of day with him, as he starts to calm down and get cuddly when he gets sleepy.
Everything else is going well right now, though still at a crazy pace. I put our deposit down on the apartment today so we officially have a new place as of March 1st. The packing is going great and we really don't have that much left out besides what we are using on a daily basis. It has been good to go through things and de-clutter a bit before the move. My hardest chore is deciding what we will need in the apartment and what can go to storage until the new house is ready. Let me tell you, that apartment is teeny tiny compared to the space we have now, so a lot of the furniture is not going to make it! Maybe that will make it seem like we have new stuff for the new house, since I won't have seen it for a while:) I am heading to Jonesboro tomorrow so Silas and I can meet with the cabinet guy to get the stains picked out and make most of the major kitchen choices. We had to choose all of the appliances we wanted already, as they have to know the specifications on them for the cabinets/counters, etc. I thought I would have more time to decide, but I am glad to have a lot of these big choices already made. I am getting really excited about the whole thing, and trying to enjoy the process as much as possible!
I was fortunate to be able to get out of the house the past two days and spend some time with friends, which was also a good break. Ty and I went to Cabot on Monday and spent the morning with a friend and her son from work, and then headed over to another friend's house for the better part of the day today for a playdate and lunch with some girls from my MOPS group. Ty does really well around other kids and I enjoy seeing him interact. He had to play with a baby doll today because the person's house we were at only has a little girl, and there were lots of dolls around! Her little girl kept taking dolls over to where Ty was lying on the floor and piled them all around him and pretty much covered him up:) He was not quite sure what to do with them, and definitely had more fun banging his keys on the floor and trying to chew on the ball:) Besides spending the day in Jonesboro tomorrow, the rest of our week should be pretty busy from here on out. Thursday starts the big children's consignment sale here in town and I am so looking forward to that! I am also attending the WINGS (women in God's service) conference in Searcy on Friday and Saturday. It is a women's conference and has lots of good speakers and topics, plus I get CEU's for work for it, so it should be good all the way around. They even have free childcare for those attending, so it should be great!! Then it's church on Sunday to start off the new week. The days are so full and busy, but I feel like they are a good balance of work and fun. Life is so good and I am continually trying to soak up the moments as they come, and enjoy this season of life we are in.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Oh, that "nervous" picture of him just made my day!!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

When is the big moving day? Where is your new apartment?
When I saw that picture of Ty wearing Silas' hat, it made me want to just pinch his cute chubby cheeks :)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Robert Channing said...

I agree with Caroline...I like the "nervous picture" a lot too!

Your blog is still showing up funny on my computer...Weird!

Remember my offer to do whatever is needed the Sunday after the move. If I need to help that Saturday instead, just let me know. Channing's bad back will prevent him from helping, but please don't hesitate to call on me!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home