/> SLO in Arkansas: Here we go.....

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Here we go.....

Well, most of you probably have heard by now that we are finally moving to Jonesboro. This is something that has been coming for a very long time, and I have been dragging my feet long enough. My sweet husband has been driving 3 hours round trip a day to work for over three years now, and we just can't do that anymore. There are so many reasons why this is going to be a wonderful thing, and then so many reasons why I am so sad I don't even want to think about it. I guess it's one of those events in life that you call bittersweet. Our little family has been living in two different towns for too long though, and now that Tyson is here, we really need to be together in one place. I think the thing that comforts me the most about leaving Searcy is that J-town is not that far away and so I will be able to visit often and not have to "move off" and leave everything that has been so dear to me. I just want to thank Silas for waiting patiently for his stubborn wife to quit being selfish and decide to move willingly. This has been a very hard decision (for me) and one that will make a huge impact on our family. I have moved around a lot growing up and so moving is not new to me, but it is something I both dread and crave. I love new adventures, not knowing what the future holds, and the excitement of something different, but more than that, and those that know me well know, that I am a creature of habit and structure and routine, and I find security and comfort and safety in that. And because I have moved so much, I have always wanted to find a place to "settle down" and grow some roots. So choosing to leave a place where I feel truly happy and comfortable is more than hard for me. So this is one of those moments in my life where you have to have a faith bigger than your comfort zone, and you have to put your life in God's hands and know without a shadow of a doubt that He will bless this decision because it is what is best. Just because it is good doesn't mean it will be easy though. Am I scared....yes, am I sad....very, do I know it's going to be OK...of course! I don't know what the future holds, but I definitely know who holds the future, so I will put my comfort and faith and security in knowing that God will take care of us and go from there. I would really appreciate prayers though, to keep the shadows of doubt and fear far away from me, since that is where I am most vulnerable.
We met with the builder last night and put down a deposit on the house, so there is no turning back now!!! I am very excited about building though, and looking forward to getting to choose things for the new house. The plans should be in by the first of next week and then they can break ground as long as the weather cooperates. So while you are already praying for me, lets add on the additional requests of not losing my sanity trying to build a house in another town, and coping with the stress of having to get this one cleaned and sold soon, and then packed and moving with a little one. That should just about cover it for now!! I really am excited and now that the ball is rolling, I'm just going to try to enjoy the ride:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know that you will be happy where ever you are. In my life time...if I have learned one thing...it is truly that life is what you make it including where you make it.

I will help you in anyway I can. I know several very loving families that do daycare that I can get in contact with if need be.

Good luck and I will keep you in my daily prayers

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my first thought was, "NO, she can't do that." But I really do understand the need to keep your family in one place. My parents and I took Corban up to walk around in the Jonesboro mall last week and all along the drive I just couldn't believe that Silas does that every day! You'll be in my prayers. And let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Robert Channing said...

Oh, you know I'm going to miss you tons, but am so glad that you will have more time with your husband and Ty will have more time with his daddy! Echoing the other two comments...I'll be praying for you guys as you get ready for the move, and will be glad to help in any way.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I'm proud of you for putting your family first...I know its scary but God is "blessing you and enlarging your territory!" Plus, you'll have lots of extra time with Silas! I'm excited you'll be closer, if only 45 minutes (sure makes a difference on a 9 hour drive!) I love you, and of course will pray for the transition.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home