/> SLO in Arkansas: Victory!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Victory!

We are victorious! Tyson was 6 months old yesterday and we have all survived thus far!!! I'm feeling pretty good about that. A lot has happened in just 6 short months, and life is definitely different!! We have had a good time though, and I'm ready for the next 6:) I just wanted to take a minute to celebrate my victory of breastfeeding for 6 months too. This may seem like no big deal to some of you champion breast feeders out there, but it has been a battle in this house for sure. Little man has had trouble from the day he was born (he didn't suck right or something) and we have faced many obstacles on this nutritional journey to say the least! I originally wanted to breastfeed for a year, but quickly changed my mind to "one day at a time!" So reaching the 6 month point is a HUGE success for me and I am just really excited about it. We are still operating under the one day at a time idea, so we will see how long it lasts. Ty is such a good eater of baby food, and for that I am also thankful. He is also taking his bottle like a champ so going to Mother's Day Out has been no problem in that department either. Who knew there could be so many issues involved with feeding your kiddo?!?!? Anyway, he is doing great and we are happy. We have all just survived our first family illness too, and are feeling much better in that regards. Ty finishes up his antibiotics today for his ear infection and is still working on getting rid of the runny nose, congestion and cough. He is happy though, so I guess he feels OK.
Here are some things about Ty at 6 months.
1) He can almost sit up by himself....he does a great job, but those who know him know the kid rocks and moves like crazy all the time and he always ends up rocking and falling over backwards!!
2) He continues to love to stand and would rather stand or jump than sit any day
3) He eats green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and applesauce, as well as his oatmeal cereal. The only food he has tried and hated were the green peas
4) He is very vocal and likes to "talk" a lot
5) He is working on crawling, but gets very frustrated on his belly. He can get up on his arms and kicks his legs, but has not quite got the hang of working all his limbs together to get him moving. I have learned though....just because he cannot crawl does not mean he cannot move places!!
6) He takes a bath in the big tub and loves it. Since he can't sit on his own, he just lays down on his back and enjoys splashing and eating his bath toys.
7) His favorite song is "Take me out to the ball game"
8) He loves watching football on TV, as well as Veggie Tales
9) He is a hard core flirt with the girls at church
10) He still has no teeth
That is a pretty good summary of where we are right now. He goes to the doctor for his 6 month shots on Friday this week, so I will know how much he weighs, etc. I can't believe how much he has changed over these few months, and know that the next 6 will bring even more major milestones. I am looking forward to sharing them with you:)
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Congrats on the breastfeeding! You have definitely outlasted me--except I pumped for five months because we couldn't get breastfeeding down. Ty is getting so big and I am anxious to hear his weight and height. I have said it before and I will continue to do so...every time you post a new picture of him, he looks more and more like Silas :)

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ty is so cute can't wait to see him again. Ellen

6:34 PM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

6 months already and I've only seen him once??? OK, its about time to meet up in Nashville or else I'm making the trek to Arkansas. You've done a great job with him, Bar. You are a wonderful mother and I'm always proud of you. I love you

3:32 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I stole your idea for the birthday ticker! :)

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home