/> SLO in Arkansas: Life in the Fast Lane

Friday, February 08, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

Ever feel like your life is flying by and all you can do is hold on and try to survive? Yep, that's me lately. Days like that are hard for control freaks like me. Weeks like that are enough to make you crazy, and months like that are just plain scary!! All I know is that I am heading into a crazy time and all I can do is hold on for dear life.
Recently I have had 2 worst fears....selling my house, and not selling my house. Selling the house means I have to pack up and move before the new house is ready, which entails so many things, such as finding a new place to live for a few months. Not selling the house means I would have two mortgage payments, which as we all know is just not even an option!!! So as you can see, either option comes with its own set of stressors. We put the house on the market last week in hopes of getting a few showings in during the slow winter months, and giving it plenty of time to sell in the spring. I was not totally prepared to have it sold 7 days later, but I think that is what we are looking at! We received a full price offer on the place 2 days ago and accepted last night. We are still in the process of working out the details of the closing and finalizing the sale, but this looks like it may be it. Oh my goodness!!! This is one of those lessons in "be careful what you pray for, because you just might get it!" We are super thrilled to have the stress of selling the house out of the way, but now we turn to the reality of finding somewhere to live for the next 3-4 months, and packing the house up and leaving in the next 3 and a half weeks. Just the thought takes my breath away. We have decided to stay in Searcy until the house in Jonesboro is finished, so we will be looking for an apartment or whatever here in town. There are just too many loose ends to tie up here in 3 weeks, and I thank my sweet husband for being willing to continue driving so far for a few more months to give me time to get myself ready to make the big switch-a-roo.
So I feel like life is just whizzing by and things are all happening so fast, and even though they are good, I mean great things, there is still lots of stress involved. So if you see me around town looking a little wild-eyed and distracted, don't worry!! I know things will slow down at some point down the road and that gives me the hope and strength to get through these crazy days. P.S. if anyone knows a place I can park/store a ski boat and 2 crazy dogs for a couple of months, let me know!!! Those are 2 things that can't really go to an apartment with us and I have no idea what to do with them in the meantime:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Congratulations! Hopefully you all will find a new house/apartment soon! We will be praying for you.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home