/> SLO in Arkansas: Wacky Week

Friday, February 01, 2008

Wacky Week

This week has been pretty strange to say the least. We officially put our house on the market on Monday, which marked the beginning of a pretty stressful time for me. I am such a perfectionist when it comes to how the house looks (most of the time!), so having to have it clean all the time is hard for me to do. I know I need to just let it go, but that is much easier said than done for me!! The hardest part is cleaning everything up before we go to bed, on the chance that we may need to show it the next morning. When I leave the house I hide all the clutter that usually sits on the counters, and now I am having trouble remembering where I hid stuff!!! I lost my whole stack of bills that needed paying and finally found them under the kitchen sink!!! Anyway, I just hope the place sells relatively quickly so that my sanity stays in tact!! So after listing the house, we had a realtor's tour scheduled to come through so that all the realtors in town could see the place and promote it to their clients. That was planned for Wednesday morning. So I cleaned all day on Tuesday of course. Well we had some crazy weird weather here on Tuesday and some freak things happened. The wind was blowing like crazy and things were flying around the yard all day. Then about 2:45 pm the power goes out. I was upset because the baby was taking his nap and my TV went off, so there was not much to do!! It was also 70 degrees which was weird for a January day. I figured it would come back on like usual, but a few hours went by and nothing. So Silas calls the electric company when he gets home to report the outage and they say it will be fixed in a couple of hours. So by this time its getting dark, so we decide to head out to dinner and kill some time while they work on things. We get home ready to put the baby to bed and the power is still out, and to make things worse, the temperature outside is rapidly dropping, so its getting cold in the house. It went from 70 degrees to 18 degrees on Wednesday morning!! Gotta love Arkansas weather! We figured we couldn't stay in the house with the baby, so we lit some candles and packed some bags for the night and headed out. Thanks to Kim and Willie, we had a place to stay and everything was fine. Ty thought we were on vacation and had a great time staying up late! The power still was not on by the next morning, so we had the realtor tour come through with it freezing and no electricity!!! We went over to the house early though and opened all the blinds and so you could see fine. Our realtor said the showing went great, despite the circumstances!! Well we just killed time all day and ran errands and did some things that really needed doing. Luckily they got the power fixed before all our food rotted in the fridge, but it did not come back on unitl afternoon that day. We figured out what had happened after driving around the neighborhood that day too. The wind had knocked down 37 trees on our street alone, and most of them were large pine trees. About 8 of these huge trees landed on the power lines and took them down to the street. It took a while to get the lines back up and the trees cleared. Thankfully things are back to normal now:) Then on Thursday morning we woke up to sleet, snow and freezing rain. What a crazy weather week we have had! Hopefully things will settle down and we wont have anymore craziness this week!
We are showing the house on Saturday, so that is exciting. I am just glad there are people interested in it, and hopefully there will be a serious buyer coming through soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Good luck with the house!
We have had the crazy wind storms, too. Fortunately, none of our roof shingles fell off and our fence didn't blow down this year.
Oh, by the way, I don't know if it is like this on your computer, but on both my laptop and desk top, your blogs are mixing together making it kind of hard to read.
Good luck!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Robert Channing said...

Oh wow, the house is officially on the market. Reality check for Dee! I hope the showing today went well.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home