/> SLO in Arkansas: Almost July!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Almost July!

Only 11 more days until July..I can't believe it! We are so excited too. I am slowly but surely getting the things done on my enormous "to do" list, and Im glad about that. Some things I thought were so important have definitely gone down on the list, as my energy level is next to nothing these days:) Im still feeling great though and very thankful for that. Swimming has been very relaxing lately, especially the hotter it gets. I would have to say that swimming, sleeping and ice cream are my 3 favorite things these days. If my day includes any or all of those, then its been a good one!!
I know all pregnant women, especially 9 months pregnant women, get to a point when they dont think they can get any bigger. I think that time has come for me! Here are the reasons I have reached this conclusion.
1) I can no longer sit upright, but have to lean back and slouch because there is no where to put my stomach
2) I can only eat about 1/2 as much at a time, because as number one suggests, there is no room for anything else inside me
3) My friend Deidre's little girl Shelby used to call me Lauren, and now my name is "Big Lauren"
4) Every week when I go to get dressed for work, it never fails that I put something on (a shirt) that I wore the week before, and it no longer covers everything appropriately!
5) I now do the "pregnant waddle"
6) Last but not least are the wonderful comments from friends and strangers letting me know how big I am. Most of these are fine when coming from people I know, but the random man who asked if I was having twins is lucky to still be walking around today:)

Anyway, I'm fairly good natured about most things, since I am close to the end and know it will be over soon! I am just ready to meet the little guy that has been kicking me for so long and squishing my bladder:)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren...You are so funny. I love to read your blogs and get a much needed good laugh as well as feel the love that you have for little Tyson.....I told Silas my guess for the little guy entering this world is July 8th...just a little guessing game here at work....For what it is worth, I think you look radiant and beautiful!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Kaylynne,
July 8th sounds good to me:) I will be happy with any day after July 1st, as long as he is healthy and fully cooked!! As always, thanks for the compliment too!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Shiann Metheny said...

Oh, honey! I think you look precious! I hope you hold on! Y'all will be great parents. Maybe in a couple of decades it won't seem so bad! =)

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren, I have been checking your blog and tummy status since I found it a few months ago, and just wanted to say that you look great! Can't wait to keep up with the new baby once he arrives as I have been keeping up with you and your funny blogs! Talk to you soon!
-Mariam-

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren, you are so funny! We're praying for you guys!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home