/> SLO in Arkansas: Summertime Praise

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Summertime Praise

Just wanted to share a small praise today. It may seem like no big deal to most, but this sure meant a lot to me and Silas!! We got the courage up to take the cover off of our pool this weekend, and guess what?!?!? ITS CLEAR!!!! It may seem like nothing, but lets review what happened last year. We had a major tornado and hail storm hit our street in April ripping holes all in our cover, and allowing all the junk on top to fill up the pool. It was a filthy, smelly, green, gunky mess when we took the cover off last time, and it took weeks and way more money than I wanted to spend getting it clean enough to use again. Not to mention we then had to buy a new cover for this winter. So what a blessing to open your pool for the season and find clear, clean water:) I haven't even gotten the courage up to swim yet, since the water is not quite warm enough, but I smile every time I go outside and see the sparkling water and know I could!! It is just a relief to not have to spend all that extra time and money getting it ready either:) Whooo Hooo...thank goodness for small blessings:)
I also went bathing suit shopping this weekend and actually found one and got home with it without having a meltdown!! Again, this may seem simple, but anyone who has ever been 8 months pregnant and tried to find a flattering and fitting bathing suit will understand its a BIG deal:) I had to promise Silas no one would be injured on this outing as he was hesitant to go with me, having previously survived several maternity shopping trips which ended in tears and lots of yelling/blaming him for my predicament and size!!! We actually had a pleasant time and I am now the proud owner of a lovely and huge green jungle print tankini...at least the top half of it anyway!! FYI, they do NOT make bathing suit bottoms for pregnant people in my opinion that you would actually wear or like...but that is a whole other story:) I will be wearing Silas' swim trunks as my bottom half...they definitely provide more coverage:) Needless to say, there will most likely not be any pictures of me in my lovely "whale tarp" as one friend so affectionately calls her maternity bathing suit:) I am hoping as few people have to see me in this thing as possible!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

oh but it will all be so worth it when you slide into that water for the first time and the water takes away all the weight and pressure of pregnancy. Now coming out is like reentry from outerspace :) but the time in the water is such a relief! Enjoy!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whale Tarp?! LOL! I haven't heard that one before. I will bring my maternity bathing suit up with me next weekend and let you see if you like it--if you don't, it will not hurt my feelings. Do you need some summer maternity clothes? Let me know...I will bring them too if needed.

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren,
I needed a good laugh. I am back at work and rolling after reading your blog. I can totally relate. The only problem is that I am no longer 8 or 9 months preg.....Yesterday we had a whole bunch of teenagers in our pool and I decided to make a running dive into the pool....I will now have to feel the pool back up, but the kids got a good laugh. I no longer care about my hail damaged legs or evening trying to find bathing suits....Larry's shorts work perfect and I have a top I wear under a long cut off t-shirt...after all I live in Arkansas now and can be as redneck as I choose....I love Arkansas!
I can't believe you only have one more month. I am so excited for the two of you....Try to stay cool and I will be thinking of you!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

You're funny. I like you:)

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home