/> SLO in Arkansas: Merry Stinking Christmas!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Merry Stinking Christmas!

Well, Silas and I were welcomed home from Nashville with a broken septic tank and a very large bill for the repairs. I thought there might be a problem when water started coming out of every hole in the house (bathtub, sink, toilet) and even the walls by the floor!! We called a plumber and they proceeded to dig up my backyard, and got very frustrated when they could not find the septic tank. It was not where it was supposed to be...the previous owners passed along faulty information to us when we moved in. So they came back the next day with an excavator to dig even bigger holes in my yard. At least they found it this time. Anyway, 3 days and several thousand dollars later, we have a fully functional and should be for the next few years septic system. Merry stinkin Christmas to us!!! Not what we wanted for Christmas, but at least it is no longer a problem and we have the peace of mind that it should be working well for a while. I am also very thankful that only water came back into the house, and not anything else!!! Then our house really would stink!! I just love how life lulls us into thinking things are going great and we can coast for a while, and then BAM.....something big breaks. AHhhh..the joys of home ownership:) Really though, we are thankful it wasnt worse, and that it was taken care of quickly. And I know my grass will grow back, maybe even greener, over our working septic tank!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Our Family said...

Oh, I am really sorry about this! Glad that things are fixed now. Way to look on the bright side! :)

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home