/> SLO in Arkansas: Tagged

Friday, December 08, 2006

Tagged

So I've been tagged by my friend Deidre, which means I have to respond to one of her recent blogs. I've got to list 6 things about myself that others may not know about me. I know Im pretty weird at times, but it's still hard to think of six weird things!! Here goes!

1. I smell almost every bite of food before I put it into my mouth. Maybe not every bite, but I make sure to smell the first bite and make sure it smells nice before I will acutally put it in my mouth:) Silas finds this very humorous.
2. I am OCD about my laundry. I have to have time to wash and dry AND fold it or I wont even put a load in. If I don't fold them the moment they are finished drying, it is bad news. There is nothing worse than a clean but wrinkled load of clothes! (I don't iron either)
3. You can tell if I am having a good or bad day by whether my bed is made when I get home from work. Made=good day/morning. Not made=not so good morning!
4. I became a member of Chi Omega Pi social club at Harding, despite hating the color pink. The club colors are pink, green and white. Pink is now one of my favorite colors:)
5. I wear 2 pairs of socks almost every day. I always wear a pair of white ankle socks, and usually put my regular pair to match my outfit on top of those. For those of you who don't know, I have very sensitve feet and socks have always been a major issue for me...just ask my mom, she can tell you some funny stories from when I was a kid! I guess I do it because dress socks are so thin and I don't like the way they feel in my shoes, so I add an extra pair for padding:) I also like the way men's dress socks feel , and would fall asleep rubbing one of my dad's black socks as a kid.
6. I have always been a tomboy and never seemed to outgrow some interests, even though I am much more girly now than I have ever been before. I anticipate the kick off of football season every year, would rather watch saturday afternoon football than go shopping, and can usually rattle off sports statistics with the best of them. I also have a facination with large machinery, which started when I was 8 years old. Every other little girl wanted to be a ballerina or teacher...I wanted to be a concrete truck driver! My neighbors poured some concrete for a new patio and after watching that truck work for hours, I decided that was my dream job. My family has never let me live that one down!! Some of my most memorable machinery moments over the past few years have been driving my dad's friend Tom's lawn mower that has the arms you push and can spin in circles (awesome), learning how to ride our motorcycle in 30 minutes in the church parking lot, and then riding it to work on Fridays, learning how to get the boat back on the trailer, and most recently, having the opportunity to drive my first bulldozer over Thanksgiving break when we were in Texas. Im not sure why I enjoy these toys so much. Maybe its just that I don't like NOT being able to do something!!

7. As a bonus, I will add a seventh thing since number 6 reminded me about it. I love mowing the yard more than anything and look forward to it every week in the summer. Silas hasn't touched the lawnmower since the first week we got it 2 years ago!! I mow in the same pattern and have a routine down that I rarely deviate from. I sometimes try to mow it more than once a week and Silas will have to tell me to wait another day or so!! Its also a great way to work on your tan in the summer:)

As you can see, I am weirder than I thought before writing this blog. Thanks Deidre for helping me see how many ways I am strange in my every day life!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Our Family said...

Oh my gosh. That is hilarious! You are weird...but I love you anyway!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I know!! I didn't realize how strange I actually was. Thanks for helping me see myself more clearly....nothing like a little excercise in self-awareness!!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home