/> SLO in Arkansas: Getting Closer!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Getting Closer!

September is creeping up on us and I am so excited!  I absolutely love the fall season, and all of the fun activities that go with it.  Especially the cooler weather!  We are officially calling an end to our summer this week as school is starting back.  Jace started his first day at his new Pre-K today and had an excellent day according to his teacher.  Silas, Tyson and I all got to take him and drop him off, and he was all smiles and excited.  It makes me so glad to know he loves his new school and teacher:)  His teacher's comment at the end of the day to me when I picked him up..."He is definitely inquisitive!"  Yes, the boy needs to know how and why for everything that goes on during his day:)

Tyson starts Kindergarten on Friday this week and I just can't believe it is already here!  He is more than ready and I have absolute confidence he will do great and love it.  He adores school and learning and so far has not been intimidated by new faces, buildings, etc after having been in several pre-k and mother's day out programs.  I am excited for him!  I enjoyed the day off from work to be able to take and pick up Jace on his first day, and had a great time filling the hours in-between with Tyson.  We went to the park in the morning, did some fun shopping at Hobby Lobby, and then met Silas for a pizza lunch.  We had time to go home and play a while (I confess I took a small nap!) before going to pick up Jace.  We topped the day off with Sonic slushes on the way home and declared it a great first day of the new school year.

I will be 35 weeks this week and we are starting to get down to crunch time with the baby coming!!  I have gone down to 4 days a week at work and just love it!  I am pretty tired most days, but work keeps me busy so at least the days go by fast.  If only I could take a little nap every afternoon it would be great!!  I had a fabulous baby shower at church recently and my mom got to come up for the weekend and attend, which was even better.  We are so blessed and thankful for all the precious gifts for the little guy.  I am working on sorting, washing clothes and getting the nursery organized.  I just love this part!!  We ordered a new stroller and car seat which should arrive this week, and have almost everything else we need to bring little man home. 

I celebrated my 34th birthday this past weekend.  Silas got me a Fitbit Flex which I am excited about!  It's a fun little gadget that tracks your steps, calories and sleep.  I am pretty much a lump right now, but I am excited to be able to track my progress once this baby arrives and I get back into my exercise routine.  For now, I am anxious to see the information about my sleep!  I feel like I barely sleep at all, and what sleep I do get is not good quality, so we see:) 

Overall we are doing great and just working on settling into a routine for the new school year over the next few weeks.  I can't believe I am down to the last of this pregnancy (although very ready for it to be over!) and we will be a family of 5 soon:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home