/> SLO in Arkansas: Swim Lesson #1= Public Humiliation

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Swim Lesson #1= Public Humiliation

Sooo, I had my first, and possibly my last swimming lesson this afternoon. Basically I stink and do lots of things wrong. The good news is I can still swim while doing all my things wrong:) The coach was super nice and made me feel better despite all my deficits. She was very motivating, using things like "You better do it right this time because I'm videoing you on my phone and I will post it to Facebook if you don't watch out!!" Yikes!! About the only thing I did well was roll on my back like a whale. Apparently I have wonderful form in my backstroke, despite the fact that I have never done it before!! Anyway, it was a tough and more than humbling experience to say the least. Of course it didn't help that my lesson was smack dab in the middle of family swim time and there were tons of kids yelling and splashing around, at times in my lane, and that I knew someone there who got to witness my humiliation, and the lifeguards standing around watching my entertaining performance. It was a tough day in training folks. Mentally tough. Pride wounding. Thinking about quitting altogether tough. But, I won't give up that easily. I will get back on the horse tomorrow with my usual 8 mile run and figure out what day I feel like hitting the pool again for a little more torture:) I can do this!

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Oh please! Probably all in your head, you know you're awesome! Keep at it Bar, love u! xo

7:35 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks for the encouragement Caroline! I know I am a head case:) Poor Silas has the fun job of setting me straight mentally and getting me back on track when I have these "mental issues" every other day!! Love you too:)

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home