/> SLO in Arkansas: Growing Up

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Growing Up

My boys are growing up and it is wearing me out!! It seems these changes never come at the best times, but ready or not, you still get to deal with them. Jace is in the middle of all kinds of big boy changes, and man I'm tired! He started climbing out of his crib last week, and its all been downhill from there. Since he was waking up and climbing out of bed and wandering around, we decided to go ahead and move him into a big boy bed. I set the twin bed up in his room at the beginning of this week and we haven't looked back.

He does great going to sleep. He likes his bed and is usually ready to pass out at bedtime, so that hasn't been the issue. The killer is the mornings! He has woken up about 4:30 or 4:45am every morning since and gets up. Then he proceeds to go into Tyson's room and wake him up every morning. I found them before 5am this morning up on a chair looking for candy to eat! I have been up every day this week before 5, and it is starting to catch up with me now. The hard part is that neither of the boys will go back to sleep once they are up, so it is making for some loooong days. Jace's afternoon nap is all messed up too as a result of his crazy morning times. We even tried to keep him up late last night to see if he would sleep in a bit, but no such luck. I sure hope he gets over this phase quickly...mama's tired!

We are about to get rid of his paci too, but I want to get him sleeping better before I take that away. He is also on the verge of potty training, and has started telling us when he needs to go, which is nice. My baby is growing up, all at once it seems!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom and Nancy said...

Our friend's little boy would wandered around the house in the early hours so they put a lock on his bedroom door. They had a video monitor in his room so they could check on him and see what he was doing. It gave them peace of mind.
Nancy

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home