/> SLO in Arkansas: Christmas 2011

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Christmas 2011

I am getting so behind with my posts! Here are a few pics from our Christmas Eve. Silas was so thoughtful and bought me an awesome new camera for Christmas, so these are the last ones taken with my old one. We used the new one for everything else, and I am still trying to find time to figure it out and learn how to get the pictures loaded to the computer, etc. There will be lots more pictures coming soon!! Our Christmas Eve tradition growing up was to have a fancy steak dinner, and it is something we have continued to do with our own family. The boys think it is so fancy to sit in the dining room and eat on the china plates! I think they like the fire/candles the most:)

A few rare shots of the boys looking towards the camera! They were so sweet and excited on Christmas Eve. After dinner we played around and talked a lot about Santa coming. We read Christmas books. Rudolf has become a family favorite around here. We got the boys dressed in their pj's and took our annual trek out into the front yard to look for Santa in the sky.

Then we got our special plate ready for Santa's cookies and milk and set it out by the fireplace. We checked the stockings to make sure they were empty and finally herded the boys off to bed. Silas and I performed our needed duties and got everything ready before heading to bed. I just love the magic of Christmas Eve, and love experiencing the excitement again and again through my children.

A rare shot of me on Christmas morning! Somehow my hair managed to cooperate:) We had a wonderful Christmas morning together as a family. Lots of pictures coming soon hopefully!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home