/> SLO in Arkansas: Busy

Monday, January 09, 2012

Busy

I think that BUSY will be the theme of 2012 for me! I have hit the ground running (literally and figuratively) this year and not slowed down for one second it seems. I have been trying to start the year off getting everything organized and finished up from last year, and getting my organizational system in place to keep me under control in all areas for this new year. It has taken a bit of work, but I think I am finally ready to rock and roll:)

I have found a new plan to completely de-clutter my home from top to bottom. It is a 12 month calendar with small 10-15 minutes tasks to complete most days of the week. It seems pretty manageable so far, and I am really hoping this is The Year to get my clutter and "stuff" out of the house that we have been packing and moving from house to house with us!

I have cut my work load down to just 2 jobs, which is working nicely so far. I am working at the counseling center Mon-Thurs afternoons and all day on Tuesdays while the boys are in Mother's Day Out. I work for Silas on Thursdays while the boys are in school, and still love those days most of all since I get to spend time with my favorite person! I can't believe I have worked for him for almost a year now...I think I started the end of Feb or beginning of March last year. Time flies!

The boys and I continue to love our Bible study group we attend every Wed morning. We have all learned so much, and it is such a good way to keep me reading, studying, praying and learning so many new things about God. It is truly a blessing in my life:)

I guess it's the fitness area of my life driving me a little crazy right now. So far the only official race on my schedule for this year is a 10k in Little Rock in March. I have never raced a 10k, so I figured this would be a good year to get a time on the books:) I also enjoyed how organized the Little Rock marathon was last year, and wanted to participate in the event again without having to run those huge hills!! It's the rest of the year that is making me crazy.....crazy because I am seriously considering competing in a 1/2 Ironman event. Seriously considering, as in I am training 6 days a week at this point for the silly thing, but just haven't signed up yet. Do I have time in my life right now with a 2 and 4 year old and two jobs to train for a half ironman?? Probably not. It is going to be crazy from now until April? Absolutely! Do I love every second of this craziness? You better believe it!!! Just in case you were wondering, the half Ironman is a triathlon consisting of a 1.2 mile swim, a 56 mile bike, and a 13.1 mile run (half marathon). Now I know I can do the events individually, but this is a major endurance event to say the least. And lets not forget that I just learned how to swim correctly a few months ago this summer, and I thought a 1/4 mile swim just might kill me. I have been in the pool about 3 times a week since December and am feeling fairly confident, but still scared to death at the same time:) But you gotta love a challenge. Anyway, I am planning to continue training to the best of my ability and make a final decision about actually registering a little further down the road once I see how I am doing. I sure hope it works out!

The boys keep growing and changing like crazy. I am due to do a complete post on each of them soon to re-cap what all we have been up to lately. I just can't find the time to sit down more than 30 seconds right now!! My parents are coming for a visit this week too, so we are all excited to see them and catch up!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tia said...

I didn't realize you kept a running blog too!! I will have to start following this one! ; ) good luck with your 10k training. I am about to incorporate hills in my training to get ready for the full in little rock. Your de-clutter calendar sounds like a great plan. I need to do something like that. : )

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home