/> SLO in Arkansas: January

Saturday, January 21, 2012

January

Let's see....what has been going on in January for us. My parent's came down for a visit last week Tuesday through Thursday which was fun! The boys were thrilled to have them here and it was a nice change from the regular routine:) They definitely got to experience first hand how crazy our daily schedules are! I was able to get a nice walk in with my mom and we had a good lunch and coffee together as well. Dad got some good duck hunting in while he was here which made him happy:)

We celebrated Silas' 32nd birthday on the 14th. He finally caught up to me in age:) I had arranged for a baby-sitter for the boys and we dropped them off and headed out to a nice dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. It was wonderful and we ate a ton:) We were going to see a movie too, but decided to head to the book store instead where we enjoyed some coffee and reading books and magazines in peace and quiet.....yes we are old!! Things sure change when you have two very loud and active little boys in the house. We definitely value quiet time these days:) Silas found several new books to read so he was happy.

We finally launched ourselves into this century and just bought an XBOX 360 this weekend!! This is a big deal for us, since we are probably the most anti-technology people ever! It has the Kinect with it, which we thought would be fun for the boys and our family. We have already had a good time playing this weekend together:) I down-graded our cable package to a really basic one last week, since we just don't have time to watch any TV (plus I think almost everything on TV is garbage anyway). We started streaming Netflix at home so we will see how that goes. I may cancel it if we don't watch much...we will see.

Everything else is good. I am happy to be back in a routine with Bible study after the holiday break. I guess the biggest change is that the new program/group I was working on for work started last week. It is a support group for children of separated or divorced parents. We have had 2 weeks of classes so far and its going well. Not quite as many participants as we had hoped, but we are hoping to keep building it up over the year. I have enjoyed the children that have come so far and am looking forward to next month's classes.

I am continuing on diligently with my training, even though I still haven't registered for anything! I am working out 6 days a week and usually get about 7 workouts in since I double up at least one or two days. I am tired! I rolled my ankle right at the end of my run on Monday and was scared I had sprained it, so I rested it (as in no running all week, but still did all my swim and bike workouts). It felt better so I tested it out this morning with a nice 11 mile run:) That was after my 20 minute bike ride on my trainer. Thankfully it felt just fine so I'm not worried. I have settled into a new routine that seems to work pretty well in my life. I'm up every morning at 4:30-4:40am so I can either run or go to the gym by 5am. Needless to say I have to go to bed earlier now. Some nights it's 8:30 or 9. Some nights its 10pm. Depends on how late I work and how much needs to be done around the house! The boys are up every morning between 530 and 615am so it helps for me to get up and get my workouts done by then. I sure wish they would sleep later! I am still feeling good and healthy overall and enjoying the cross training that triathlon gives me. My poor feet really needed a rest from all the running of marathon training. I still get about 20 miles a week or so in with running, but that is only 2 runs so they get 5 days to rest! It never ceases to amaze me that I manage to get faster even during long distance running. I went out the other morning for a short run and just ran the first mile to see how I was feeling. My watched beeped and I saw a 7:46 mile and thought, well that felt easy, lets see if I can do it again for another mile. I managed to run a 5k faster than my fastest race times from last year, and held a 7:40 pace for 4 miles. I ran the last 2 miles faster than the first two miles! I may have to register for a local 5k just for fun to see what I can do this year:) It makes me wonder what I could get my 5k down to if I really focused on speed work. Too bad I am enjoying all the endurance training, which doesn't leave me much time for the shorter things. I have just completed my 6th week of half ironman training of my 16 week program. I guess I need to register for the silly thing:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home