/> SLO in Arkansas: Getting Closer!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Getting Closer!

July 30th is rapidly approaching and I am really excited for my first sprint triathlon. It has been tough getting workouts in some weeks, but that is usually due to my motivation, or lack thereof, rather than scheduling. Of course everyone knows it's hot, but triple digit heat just saps the "want to" right out of me!! Most days I just don't want to:) I had a pretty bad swim on Monday this week, but that was due to my legs being fairly tired from the 54 mile bike ride, and my crazy brain doing some weird things. I read a story online about how a woman died at a public swimming pool and sank and no one found her for several days until she floated up! Yikes! The pool water was all cloudy when I got there Monday and of course my overactive imagination was just sure it was due to a dead body in the deep end:) Needless to say my mind wasn't focused on my technique and I did what I could and got out of there! I had my mind much more under control this morning and had a good swim, which helped:)

Everything else is good. I didn't run much this week due to WOW, but should be back on track for next week. I am hoping to get a decent open water swim in tomorrow when we go to the lake. Hopefully it goes well and gives me some confidence in the water....I need it! I need to be practicing my transitions as well, so I have a good idea of what I need to do when I get to the race. Other than that, I am feeling pretty good about things.

We have kind of hit that lull of summer where it's just really hot and draining. For some reason it doesn't seem to slow the boys down any! We have fun playing in the water hose and sprinklers which is doing great at keeping my grass alive. Silas is slowly making progress on the yard and pulled a huge azalea plant out last night. We are working to completely take out all of the front landscaping and re-do everything. It is a big and slow process, but we are getting there:) My big crepe myrtles are blooming and are so pretty! I love them and their color in the hot summer. Jace has also randomly decided to start his potty training, which I had forgotten how much I don't like! He is telling me he needs to go at times and loves to flush the potty and get his candy. We are using Smarties with him, which he loves:) He goes on the big potty and his favorite part is flushing. Tyson thinks he is entitled to candy every time Jace goes potty too, so we go through quite a bit! I wasn't going to work on it with Jace just yet, but if the boy wants to get rid of diapers, who am I to stand in his way?! Speaking of more changes, the boys are sleeping in their bunk beds for the very first time as I type this! Tyson asked if Jace could nap with him today, so I threw him in the bottom bunk and hoped for the best. I had to go check on them once (aka threaten Tyson to be quiet), but its been about 45 minutes now and I haven't heard a peep! The boys both have birthdays coming up in the next few weeks too, which we are excited about. Tyson's is next week and he can't stop talking about his firetruck birthday:) Now Silas and I just have to figure out how to make a fire truck cake! We are hitting the lake in the morning with some friends for some fun in the sun, and hopefully some relaxation from the crazy busy week. Wait, who am I kidding....taking the boys to the lake is not really relaxing, but it is fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home