/> SLO in Arkansas: Ride the Ridge 2011

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ride the Ridge 2011

I completed my second organized bike ride yesterday morning, and loved it:) I rode the Ride the Ridge 50 miler. It actually turned out to be almost 54 miles, but who is counting?!

Me and some of my girls before the ride started. There were 200 riders total so we had a pretty good sized group heading out of town at the start.

Action shot of me on my bike! Silas did awesome as usual getting me dropped off, taking pictures, keeping up with the boys, and meeting up with me several times out on the course. I would yell and wave to the boys in the car each time we passed them, and they loved it:) We have been watching the Tour de France all day everyday this past week, so Tyson was all excited to see the bicycles in real life.

The ride was great, but hot. At times the temp on my bike was reading 100 degrees. There were plenty of water stops and I ate tons of watermelon and oranges along with gatorade and water along the route. The first 20 miles or so was a little hilly, but then the course flattened out for the rest of the ride. I felt great when we were finished. Just ready to wash the sweat, salt and road grime off! It took us about 3:35 minutes of riding to complete the course, plus stopping for water. I like the bike rides since they aren't races! No time pressure, just a fun day out on the roads with friends:) I am looking to do a 100 mile ride coming up in October hopefully too:)
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

That is so awesome!! I would love to do a long ride like that. I'm afraid with my, or rather Marisa's travel soccer schedule, this fall I won't have time to do anything. You look great on your bike too! Good luck on your upcoming Tri, you will be awesome!! And hey, next time you are in Nashville-give me a call!!!

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home