/> SLO in Arkansas: Sink or Swim?

Monday, June 13, 2011

Sink or Swim?

Soooo, I finally got myself to the pool at 6am this morning for my first official swimming workout of my training. I have to admit I have been fairly confident before this in regards to the swimming portion of this triathlon. I mean, I swim every summer. I go to the lake. I can swim, right? WRONG! Oh my goodness. Swimming. is. HARD! I definitely had a giant dose of humble pie this morning at the YMCA:)
I now realize that while I have grown up "swimming" I have never actually done any lap swimming of a real distance before. Apparently laying on a raft getting a tan does not count as real swimming:) Boy am I glad I still have 7 weeks to get some practice in. I guess I am starting from square one in this area and having to build from there. It was a great workout though, and now I know I stink so bad I can only get better from here! Let the real swimming begin:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home