/> SLO in Arkansas: Redemption!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Redemption!

I made it back to the pool this morning for some sweet swimming redemption! Man it felt good. Having such a bad first swim really threw me and I have spent the past 2 days reading up on other's swimming experiences and thoughts, and doing lots of visualization of things my neighbor taught me in my head. Yes, I am that dorky, but it works:)

I was at the pool at 6am right when it opened this morning and ready to get down to business. My agenda was simple, don't have a repeat of Monday! I was slow to get my stuff ready and get in the water, as I studied very carefully the older man that swims laps non-stop for over an hour everyday that was in the lane next to me. He breathed every right armed stroke, so I decided I would too! I did a lap of breaststroke to warm up, and got ready to tackle my freestyle. One thing Silas and I had discussed after the bad swim was that I probably went out way too fast and just wore myself out too, so going slow was my other plan for today.

And guess what? I rocked it today:) It's amazing how much better you feel when you breathe more frequently, and when you aren't thrashing around like a floundering whale:) I took it slow and easy, strong strokes, breathing every right arm stroke, and practiced my sighting along the way. It felt great, and I was able to hammer out 2 more full laps than last time and was not panting like I was dying when I was done! I feel much better today and got the old confidence back, which is what I needed. The best part of swimming is that it doesn't take forever to get a good workout in. I was there at 6am and home by 6:30am. Eventually I will build my endurance, but for the sprint tri I don't plan to be in the water longer than 10 minutes, so I don't need that much training 9hopefully) at this point.

Have I mentioned I am contemplating an Olympic distance tri in September??! I will definitely need more endurance for that one:)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home