/> SLO in Arkansas: Brotherly Love

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Brotherly Love

The boys are getting to such a cute fun age where they can play together with each other. There are still lots of fights, but they are getting so much better at interacting and getting involved in games together. One of their favorite games right now is called "Monster!" Tyson tells Jace there is a monster, and they run screaming down the hall to get away from it. There are several variations of the game as well. One is where they decide that I am the monster, and yell "get me!" and I have to chase them around the house and tickle whoever I catch. It's fun, but exhausting:) They also have gotten smart and decided to blame the monster whenever they make a big mess. It's hard to be angry when little Jace is looking at you saying "monster did it!"


We are still loving the summer and having lots of fun. Tyson has decided to teach himself how to swim out of the blue, and is doing awesome! He just takes his water wings off, puts his head down in the water and kicks away. Jace loves to jump off the side of the pool, and they have fun wearing themselves out while swimming:)


We are slowly working on transitions to new big boy things. It seems that Jace gets more attached to that paci with every day, so I am just putting off the fight to get rid of it. I know, I know. I just don't feel like doing it yet:) However, we are making progress with our sleeping arrangements. Jace is now napping daily in his twin bed and doing great. He still loves his crib at night, but we are getting there! Tyson slept in his top bunk last night and made it all night too! That was a first. He has been napping up there once or twice, but seems to be moving in that direction. The cute part is that he keeps asking for Jace to move into his room with him, so at least he is willing to share with little brother!


Jace is talking up a storm, and Tyson is in full swing of the "why?" phase. He asks why of everything I say to him, even when I have already given him the reason! Everything else is good. The boys are healthy and happy and growing like crazy. We are having fun during the days and I have loved our time together this summer. It is hard to believe that school starts back next month!! Time goes by so fast. I hate to say it out loud, but I will. I have started to get a touch of baby fever! It doesn't help that Tyson randomly tells me that he wants a brother and a sister:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

They need a little sister! They need a little sister! :)

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home