/> SLO in Arkansas: Mini Tri

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Mini Tri

I had a little impromtu mini triathlon training yesterday. I started off the day taking the boys to the pool. No official lap swimming, but I did have to tread water quite a bit as Jace decided he only wanted to jump in the deep end:)

After dinner I headed out with my girls I ran the relay with, and we got in a great 16.5 mile bike ride around town. It was super hot, but lots of fun to be out with them again.

I got home from the ride, changed into my running shoes, and about 30 minutes later hit the pavement with my friend down the street for a 4 mile run. We topped it off with a mile walk for a cool down. I was soaked from the heat and humidity. I was definitely not ready for the temps to jump up in the upper 90's overnight like they did!

I have been drinking water and Gatorade like crazy, which I know my body needs to stay hydrated in this heat. I can tell my appetite is down a little as well, which is good. I feel like I eat all the time! Yesterday was fun getting a little workout in all 3 events. Today I am tired but not too sore. I need to get serious with my training since this tri is next month!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home