/> SLO in Arkansas: The Dream Team

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Dream Team

I ran the marathon relay this weekend. It was awesome! My team was awesome. Our outfits were awesome:) I didn't know these girls before running with them, and have made some new running friends. We got together for a girl's/team night to carbo load the night before the race. We got our outfits ready, made some cute running bracelets, and talked strategy. We ran well and got 3rd place in our division. More than that, we just had fun and enjoyed the day together.

Silas was a rock star as usual at any of my races. The course was pretty disorganized with few water stations along the way. He and the boys paced with me and gave me water and Gatorade between water stops when I needed it. The boys had fun cheering out the windows and I loved seeing my family along the route! Having their support and encouragement makes such a difference for me:)

It was a pretty tough course and a much warmer day than we were used to. I ran the second leg which had some killer hills in it. Luckily I had practiced my route before, so I knew where to save energy and where to push it. I ran my 6.62 miles in a little over 58 minutes, with an average pace of 8:51. Being part of a team really made me push when I wanted to slow down.

Here is my team running to the finish with our last runner. She actually smoked us all she was running so fast!! I was already in my flip flops so I wasn't moving too fast myself:) Overall it was a great day. I had so much fun with my team, and enjoyed racing "for fun" if there is such a thing!! I did learn one thing.....I am not a fan of 10k's! It is hard to push that far at a pretty fast pace. I will probably run at least one more real 10k so I at least know my time for that distance. Otherwise I am sticking to 5k's and distance:)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home