/> SLO in Arkansas: New 5k PR

Monday, May 23, 2011

New 5k PR

I have had a lot of fun racing recently:) I ran my fastest ever 5k this Saturday morning and finished with a time of 24:25 officially. I am tempted to say that my real time was 24:22, since that is what my watch read when I crossed the finish line. The timing company had major trouble at the race and NONE of the timing chips registered our times, so they had to go back and figure them all out by looking at pictures, etc. It was a nightmare to say the least! My average pace for the 3.1 miles was 7:53. Silas thinks I can get down to 7:30 minute miles pretty easily:) I am just happy to be seeing 7 minute miles! I ran a 7:31 first mile which is also my fastest mile to date. I am getting ready to start hitting the track some for some speed work, so I may get to a 23 minute 5k soon, or at least that is my goal for this year. I managed to get 1st place in my age group too, which is just icing on the cake:)

Sunday morning I was up at 5:15 am to meet my relay team for a nice 6.6 mile run. We were practicing my leg of the relay race coming up this weekend. It was tough!! I think it was a lot harder since my legs were tired from racing the previous day. There are also some killer hills on my leg, which don't help either. I am a bit sore today, which is unusual! I am really excited about the marathon relay and ready to run on Saturday. The temps have warmed up a bit, along with the humidity, which I am not used to yet. So far it is looking pretty nice for the weekend, and I hope it holds!

I don't think I have any more races until early July after this one, which is weird! I have it on my agenda to join the Y this week, so I can start swimming. At least I will have a bit more time to do other things if I am not racing on the weekends. I will use June to focus on getting some more good long rides in on the bike and build up my swimming base. I am riding at least twice a week at this point, but only about 30-45 minutes at a time. It is great cross training, but I am really itching to get out on the road for a good 30 or 40 miles. I love being outside so much!

Summer is just around the corner! Which also means it is about to officially be boating season!! I am so excited and can't wait to get out on the lake. The boys are really excited and keep asking about going. They put on their life jackets and play around in them, which is super cute. We pulled the boat out a few weekends ago and cleaned it up a bit. It was nasty dirty from the winter. I sure miss having it in the garage! It needs an oil change and then should be ready to go. I am really hoping for no blown out tires this year:) We could use a little less drama. I am excited to get some open water swims done too, since training in a pool just doesn't cut it when your race swims are in lakes. I keep running into women in town who did the same tri I am going to do in July. Everyone has raved about how much fun it is, and it is making me so excited:) Well, I am off to get ready for work. I do manage to keep my work hours up around my training, though it isn't nearly as much fun to do or talk about!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home