/> SLO in Arkansas: Ellen's Graduation

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Ellen's Graduation

One of the highlights of our Texas trip was getting to see Ellen graduate on Friday night. We had a wonderful dinner with tons of family and friends, and then headed to the high school for the graduation. We had a huge group, and the kids did pretty good considering it started at their usual bedtime!

My camera did something weird to this picture! Anyway, I still can't believe that we are old enough to have nieces already graduating from high school!! I feel like it was me just a few years ago:)

We all enjoyed getting together to celebrate this big milestone in Ellen's life. It has been so much fun watching her grow up over the years, and I am excited to see where she goes from here, and what all she will accomplish:)

Proud mom Sherrie watching the ceremony. I did pretty good myself until they played the Kenny Chesney song "Don't Blink" at the very end!! It was a good reminder of how absolutely fast life goes when you are raising your children. I know mine are still in diapers today, but their graduation will be here before I know it, and that really gets to me when I think about it. I have had lots of reminders lately that time marches on, and am working hard to enjoy the little things in the moment. I am so thankful for time we got to spend with family too:)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home