/> SLO in Arkansas: Mama's New Ride

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mama's New Ride

I have officially joined the ranks of "suburban mom." Except that I now drive a Yukon XL, but it is pretty much the same thing:) As the boys have gotten older, and bigger, we have been toying with the idea of upgrading the car for a little while. With summer on its way and several trips planned, along with getting the boat to the lake, we figured we would go ahead and start looking for something that fits our needs a little better.

We had several appointments planned to look at several older models of the same vehicle, but just could not find anything that fit exactly what we were needing. So after about 5 hours of shopping, we decided to head to dinner before going home. And of course that is when I saw this one sitting in a lot and we drove in just to take a peek at it! Needless to say it was just what we wanted, and didn't require too much thought at that point:) We left and ate dinner, came back, traded the Honda in, and brought this bad boy home. It was an interesting evening too, since there were tornadoes all around, the sky was green, sirens were going off for over an hour, and rain was coming down sideways the wind was blowing so hard. That made for some fun times cleaning out our old car and getting car seats transferred, etc! Luckily the storm passed while we were finishing up at the dealership, and we had a quiet and peaceful ride home while the boys slept.

I love this thing! It is about the biggest thing on the road, which is what we were looking for. There is plenty of room for the boys, our stuff, and everything we need for the lake or trips. I didn't realize how squished we actually were in the car until we got everything in this and had tons more room to spare:) I took the boys for a little drive around town this morning to try out the DVD system, which they loved. They better not get too used to it....I pretty much reserve that thing for road trips only:) I love the dark interior too. We had looked pretty seriously at another vehicle very similar, but it had very light gray interior, and the carpet showed every juice and crayon stain! Thankfully the dark hides a lot more stuff:)

The boys are very comfortable in their captain's chairs in the back, and we can fit 3 more people in the third row. I am still getting used to the idea of not having my car anymore. It all happened so fast! I miss driving the 6 speed, but it sure is nice not to have to shift all the time anymore. Now I am just hoping gas prices stay down!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I love it! Very cool and tons of space! Job well done and I'm glad you didnt get swept away by the tornado during the whole transaction:)
PS. Looks like a comfortable ride up to Indy...just sayin'

8:00 AM  
Blogger Hattie said...

Love the new car! I looks great!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home