/> SLO in Arkansas: Oh Yes I Did!!!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Oh Yes I Did!!!

These pictures have totally nothing to do with anything I am going to say!! I was a very busy bee this weekend!! I ran my third 5k of the season on Saturday morning and managed to place higher than I ever have before:) My overall time was slower than usual, because it was a trail run (which I had no idea about until I was on the starting line!), but I managed to come in 5th place overall female! I have been trying to place in the top 3 of my age group at the races, but placing in the "overall" category wasn't something I thought I would do at this point! It was fun to say the least.

I was on such a runner's high after the race that I went ahead and registered for the sprint triathlon I was planning to do in July. Once I register I feel much more committed to my training, so that was a good feeling as well. I am getting seriously excited about that race to say the least:)

And then it happened. I decided to "just take a look" at some of the marathons coming up for the fall/winter around our area. A lot of my running friends are running the Chicago marathon in October, but the race is already full, so that wasn't really an option. Then I remembered how I was planning to run the St. Jude half marathon last December, but it was full when I went to sign up too. I took a peek at the site, saw that registration was already open, read a description of the course, looked at Silas for affirmation that I was CRAZy, and signed myself up right then!!

So there you have it. I am officially signed up to run the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis the first weekend in December this year:) I was already planning to run a few half marathons this fall, which I am hoping will be perfect for my training schedule. I really want to put more into this training round than I did for my first, and have some big goals for my second marathon. So my summer will be committed to swim, bike, run. I am working on my speed right now with the short races. Then I will hit the tri in July. Then I will get back into my long distance frame of mind with my sight set on a new personal record in the half marathon in October (2 different races), and finish the year out with the full marathon on December 3rd. Then I plan to catch up on my eating and sleeping all winter!!! I am really hoping that training through the late summer and fall is much more pleasant than the winter running I had to do for Little Rock. Any cold weather running I do this winter I want to do just for fun:) I AM PUMPED!!! (and fully aware that I am crazy)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home