/> SLO in Arkansas: Falcon 5k Recap

Monday, April 25, 2011

Falcon 5k Recap

I keep surprising myself this year it seems! All week since my last 5k I focused on one race goal, to beat my time of 26:01. I ran twice last week, both runs were 5 miles at a pretty slow pace. But I brought it when it came time to race! I ran my fastest mile yet on the first mile, at 7:33. I held on petty well for the second mile and kept it under 8 minutes, but I get so tired by mile 3. I ran that one around 8:30. I finished in 25:06 with a new personal record:) It was also good enough for first place in my age group, so I got a trophy too:)

The course was pretty tough with lots of hills, which I know made me extra tired at the end. I guess it is time to focus on holding on to my speed when I am tired, which is hard to do! I think I was the 6th female finisher overall. I need to get some new race goals since I keep blowing through them.

The boys had fun playing with daddy while I ran. At least they get lots of energy out at the races too!

Jace got pretty tired during the award ceremony, but other than that everyone did great. I have a few weeks off from racing. Next 5k is on May 14th here in town. Hopefully by then I will have figured out how to keep all 3 miles under 8 minutes! I also managed to squeeze in a 20 mile bike ride Saturday afternoon after the race! I will save that adventure for another post though:)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home