/> SLO in Arkansas: April Showers

Monday, April 11, 2011

April Showers

I still can't get my pictures to post at the moment, but now Silas is trying to help me figure it out, so hopefully I will be back in business soon:) Spring is in full swing in Arkansas, complete with windy days and lots of rain. The wind was blowing 26 MPH during my run on Saturday with gusts up to 35 MPH! It was crazy and not so much fun. What was fun was seeing my time. I have gotten into the shorter distance frame of mind with my triathlon coming up this summer, so I decided to go out on Saturday morning and just see what I could run a 5k in. (Oh yeah, I have decided not to run the 1/2 marathon this coming weekend. I just wasn't feeling very motivated at all, so I think I am going to run the 5k if I can get the online registration to work! ) Anyway, last year my fastest 5k time in a race was 27:20. Now I am a firm believer that anything you can run in practice, you will beat in a real race, since you have some little helpers called adrenaline and competition! That being said, my goal for a 5k this year was to run a sub 27 minute race. Well, I may have to re-evaluate my racing goals, since I went out and KILLED it on Saturday. I ran my 3.1 miles in 25:39! My pace averaged 8:15 miles. I was pleased as pie to say the least. Especially when I looked at my watch when I hit mile 1 and it said 8:00! I haven't run a mile in under 8 minutes since I was 18 years old and in the best shape of my life. I am now thinking my new race goal will be to run a sub 25 minute 5k. I am definitely interested to see what time I can post in a real race, especially for the first race of the season this year:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Go Bar! I am sorry to say I run an 11 minute mile, so I could not keep up with you if we were running buddies!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home