/> SLO in Arkansas: Spring Training

Friday, April 08, 2011

Spring Training

We are loving this time of year and doing lots of things outside these days. The boys are addicted to dirt, tractors, and shovels, so we spend a fair amount of time digging in the backyard:) We continue to make lots of progress back there, which is great.
I am starting to feel the lull as we hit the downhill slide towards summer. Work has slowed a tad, which has given me more time to spend at home. It always goes up and down, busy then slow, so I am trying to enjoy the down times when I am in them! The boys and I continue to enjoy library story time once a week and have had fun checking out all kinds of books, DVD's and books on CD. The library is a fabulous free resource!! So glad I finally starting taking advantage of it this year:) We have even made a few new friends along the way with other regulars there.
I am still running and loving this warmer, yet still cool weather. Too bad we can't have spring temps all year long:) I am gearing up to start running one morning a week, once it gets light enough for me to go and get back before Silas leaves for work. I have been having late nights and need to get myself up and moving in the mornings instead! I am planning to run a half marathon next weekend in town, but still need to register. I might want to get on that! Other than that, I have really enjoyed not having the stress of any official training or schedules. I guess I have also officially started my triathlon training. I have been riding my bike several times a week and am really feeling comfortable on it. Next step is to purchase some new riding clothes and clip-in shoes. Still taking this bike thing one thing at a time:) I think the riding has really helped my running too. I seem to feel stronger now, and my pace has picked up since I added the bike in several weeks ago. It's fun to see your watch tell you numbers you never thought you would see:) I have even come in from running a few times and hopped straight onto my bike for a bit, to practice the back-to-back workouts for the tri. It has been fun. I can't wait to actually get my bike back outside though and take it on the road for a while. Maybe this weekend will cooperate for that. We also purchased a new grill since ours was on its last leg. Silas is loving it, and we have already been enjoying some grilled filet and hot dogs. Hopefully I can get some pictures of it up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home