/> SLO in Arkansas: Return to Running

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Return to Running

I took 10 full days off from running after the marathon, which my body desperately needed! I was only sore for about 3 or 4 days, but my ankles ached for over a week. The joys of having weak ankles and pounding the pavement for almost 5 hours straight:) Anyway, last night I headed out in almost 60 degree weather for a nice easy 3 miles. The weather was perfect, and it felt good to get back into the groove. I felt a little stiff at first and was just good and loosened up by the time I was finished, go figure. I even did something very strange for me...I didn't even wear my watch! I just wanted to run the miles, stretch my legs, and ease back into things. It felt great. I am very glad I let my body rest, but now I am itching to get back at it...especially since the weather has turned all gorgeous and spring here! I was able to take my bike to the park last weekend and get a 9 mile ride in with my friend. It was awesome, and easy on my body since there is no impact. I am excited to start serious bike training now that the weather is warmer. I am also toying with the idea of running a half marathon next month. Guess I need to get a week or so of running under my belt and see how the old legs are feeling. I only want to run it if I think I can beat my previous half time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home