/> SLO in Arkansas: Busy Bees

Monday, March 28, 2011

Busy Bees

I don't know what is going on with my computer, but I cannot get my pictures to post right now. So sorry in advance for a pictureless post! Anyway, life is chugging along full steam ahead as usual. I love it:) I have picked up quite a few more hours at work, which has given me a very full plate right now. I work at the church doing counseling on Mon, Tue and Thur afternoons. I am seeing clients for my other couseling agency on Wed afternoons and Thur mornings (sometimes just every other week though). I have also added a new job to my crazy life....office manager! A very handsome young man in town was needing some office help for 4-6 hours a week and it just so happened to fit right into my schedule while the boys are in Mother's Day Out, so I applied! For those who don't know, yes, I am talking about Silas! I have to say, this is my favorite job at the moment:) I love that I get to spend time with my husband away from the house and kids. I am doing simple filing, organizing, cleaning, as well as learning how to operate Quick Books, do invoicing and sales orders, and payroll. It is such a welcome change from the emotionally draining work of counseling, which is nice:) I also feel great about helping Silas keep his office under control and reduce the amount of stress on him, so it's a win win all around for us. If you ever see me on Thursdays and I look a little wild eyed, it is because I actually work at all three of those jobs that day! Thank goodness I am organized:) I have spent some time doing a little reflecting since running the marathon. Initially I thought running one would be something to check off my bucket list....one and done kind of thing. Not so much! While it was definitely one of the hardest things I have ever done, I like a good challenge, and will most likely run one again. What I have realized is that now that I have one under my belt, I am not intimidated by wondering "if" I can do it, which takes a lot of the stress off. Secondly, I trained so minimally for that thing, I now realize it is a miracle I finished and did as well as I did! With that being said, I know I can do better and plan to in the future. Just not sure when that will be:) We are slowly working to spruce things up around the house and yard which is also keeping us busy. I am terrible with patience and want to make huge changes all at once and be done, but of course yard work is never that easy:) We are enjoying working outside as a family though, and seeing things progress is exciting. I am still working on organizing the house and doing some spring cleaning. Silas and I purged a huge amount from our closet recently and it feels so good to de-clutter! We continue to try to simplify our life as much as we can, and I am enjoying the process of letting go of things we don't use or need. Life has a nice pace to it right now:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home