/> SLO in Arkansas: LIttle Rock Marathon Expo

Monday, March 07, 2011

LIttle Rock Marathon Expo

Here I am with the boys at the expo before the marathon. Packet pick-up went just fine and I got everything I needed to be ready for the race. It was a fun atmosphere and made me start to feel a little more excited than anxious! I was able to buy a 26.2 sticker for my car, even though it made me nervous to buy it before I ran!
We headed over to the Peabody Hotel next and the boys had so much fun checking out the ducks! Jace kept trying to climb into the water with them though. We took a fun ride up 19 stories in the big glass elevator, which the boys loved too. Great free entertainment right there:)
After the expo we headed to our hotel. Silas and I just looked at each other when we pulled into the parking lot. It was ghetto and nasty!! We had reserved a room online so we didn't know what we were getting. The location was really bad too. Silas got the key, we opened the door and took one look at the room, and put the kids back in the car to leave! It was disgusting. Then we had to drive around until we found a hotel that still had rooms. Luckily we only had to try two, but by this point the kids were melting down since they hadn't had naps all day and were ready to be out of the car. We were able to check in and rest for about 30 minutes before it was time to head to dinner.

We had pasta and bread at Macaroni Grill...one of our favorite places:) It was good, and we were all full and tired after our early supper. We went back to our nasty first hotel to check out....one giant waste of money there, but lesson learned for sure. Then Silas dropped me off downtown at the hotel where my friends from the running group in Jonesboro were staying. They filled me in on last minute prep ideas and I decided to run with one of the girls there since we thought we would be a similar pace. I felt better after making a plan, and not having to go out and tackle this beast on my own. We got back to our new hotel and all got ready for bed by 9pm. I slept the best from about 9:30pm-12:45am. I was pretty much awake off and on from then on. Jace fell out of the bed around 4:30am and woke us all up screaming. It was his first time in a bed other than his crib! He slept with us from then on. The alarm went off at 5:30 am and I couldn't believe that marathon day had finally arrived!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home