/> SLO in Arkansas: The Big 4-0 and Peak Week

Monday, February 07, 2011

The Big 4-0 and Peak Week

Yep, I hit the big 40 this weekend. I have lost 40 pounds! Felt good to see that number on the scale. One more pound drops me down to a weight category I haven't seen since senior year of high school and first few years of college:) I am wearing a smaller size pants now than I was back then though, go figure! I continue to fluctuate about 3 pounds or so, but that is just water weight, weather, etc.

We woke up to about 3 inches of snow this morning. It was beautiful, but instantly stressed me out!! This just happens to be week 15 of my marathon training...you know the week....peak mileage week. The lovely week where a 20 mile run waits for me this weekend. And I am scheduled to run more miles than I ever have before. Yeah, that is this week. So snow and ice on the ground kind of freaks me out since I run at night, and don't have a treadmill, or belong to a gym. Remind me next time I think running a marathon sounds like a good idea (if there is a next time!) that spring marathons are awful because of the winter training! Sign me up for a fall one next time please:)
Thankfully I do own one piece of indoor training equipment thanks to my rockstar husband. He bought me a nice bike trainer, so at least on really yucky days I can at least get a little ride in. Sorry about the weirdness of the picture. Either my computer or camera is going downhill and does this funky thing to some pics when they are downloaded. It is really nice to ride inside while watching House Hunters tropical paradise week, or Cupcake wars! Hopefully the cross training helps me with my running. I am really hoping it doesn't have to replace a run this week though. The boys are obsessed with my bike being in the house and cannot keeps their little paws off of it! They run down and start spinning the tires and fighting over who gets to sit on it every time we come downstairs.
We had a laid back Super Bowl this year and just relaxed at home as a fam. Tyson wore his football jersey and had fun eating chips and cheese dip. Jace danced hard core to the half time show music and threw his arms up every time we yelled touchdown! It was a good game and a nice night in.
Poor little JJ is teething and has a bit of a cold like me, so he wasn't the most energetic thing today. Don't let the picture fool you though.....there was plenty of hours of running the halls and climbing up and down stairs before he sat down:) The boys and I snuggled up in the den and had popcorn while watching Toy Story 3. Then we put a blanket on the floor and had lunch in the den, which the boys loved. Thank goodness for a Dustbuster to clean up afterwards!

I am nursing a cold and am all stopped up and sneezy and coughing too. Lovely to be sick since I have to run all those miles this week. I am trying to take every one's advice and just take it one day at a time. That seems to make things a little more manageable this week. I am pretty overwhelmed trying to figure out how to work, take care of kids, and get my runs in, all while not feeling the greatest this week and it snowing every other day. Oh yeah, and my dad is in town tonight for the night. I am super excited to see him, but trying to figure out how to get my 5 miler in tonight while he is here! Here is to hoping my next post is a bit more cheery with good news that I survived the week and rocked my 20 mile run!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home