/> SLO in Arkansas: Surprise Party!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Surprise Party!

We headed to Nashville Saturday morning (after I squeezed in a 10 mile run) to go celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday. My sister's and I had been planning it since before Christmas, and we were excited to finally get to the party:) Dad's birthday isn't until the very end of the month, so he wasn't expecting anything. We all drove in from out of town and met for dinner at Stoney River. Luckily my sister had the foresight to reserve us a private room, which worked out perfectly to keep the 6 little kids contained in one spot! The look on my dad's face was priceless and worth the drive. He was speechless when they opened the doors and he saw his whole family standing there cheering for him. We had a wonderful steak dinner, the kids ran and played with their cousins, and we gave Dad his gift....a book of love letters we had all written for him. It was perfect!
We headed back to Mom and Dad's house for the after party. We had brownies and ice cream, finally exchanged Christmas presents with one another, and talked the night away. Renee brought her Mark Kay stuff and gave Caroline and I make-overs. It was awesome! I love spending time with my sisters and I miss them so much.
The Hensley girls!
The boys had an absolute ball playing with their cousins, grandparents and aunts and uncles. It was a zoo with everyone running around, but all the kids did great. Poor mom and dad's house didn't fair so well with 6 kids under the age of 4 running around though....we were only there about 14 hours (including sleeping) and we had a long list of broken items when we left!! Luckily super glue saved the day and most of the items:) The little boys traveled great too. It was probably the best trip home I have ever had! It was so wonderful to be together and share in the fun of celebrating the heart and soul of our family. I love you Dad!! Happy Birthday:)
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I agree, best trip yet! Love you!!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home