/> SLO in Arkansas: 20 Miler

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

20 Miler

Just a random picture of Jace with his crazy hair after his bath. I thought it was cute:)
And my victory celebration picture after completing my first 20 mile run! The run went great. The weather was sunny and high 30's to low 40's. I listened to my music the first 12 miles and turned it off the last 8. I can't have my ipod during the race, so I have to practice gutting it out at the end with no beat:) No one could run with me so I did the whole 20 alone. I like running alone now, so it was good. The last 2 miles were tough, but I got through them. Still a little freaked out about having 6.2 more to do at the race, but hoping the excitement gets me to the end. That and the fact that I want that big medal! I thought I would be pretty sore but I have felt great since Saturday's run. Mostly just tired:) Monday's run was really really slow, but I guess that is to be expected. The weather is gorgeous, sunny and warm this week, so my mood has greatly improved. Bring on the Spring! Just hoping it doesn't get too hot before the race. I am officially tapering now, and looking forward to the mileage going down for the next few weeks. 20 days til the race!!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Shiann said...

You look great! I've not been on the blog in a while. The boys are adorable and so big!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home