/> SLO in Arkansas: Fabulous Fall

Friday, October 29, 2010

Fabulous Fall

I am LOVING this fall weather this week! It is just perfect and beautiful and we are soaking up every minute of it possible. The boys had Fall Harvest parties at school Thursday this week and had a great time. I was thankful it was cool enough to get another wear out of their Halloween shirts:) We rarely make it in the house after I pick them up from Mother's Day Out when the weather is this nice. We just open the garage door and pull out all the toys. They boys played for an hour before Silas got home and then we all played some more. They are just so happy being outside in the fresh air.
I love this picture of Jace sitting on the front porch! He has the cutest little grin on his face:) He loves the pumpkins and pulling the flower petals off my mums. He also loves playing in the massive piles of leaves we accumulate in the yard. I tried to get some pictures of Tyson, but he doesn't stop moving much and most of his were just blurs!
I have spent more time in the kitchen this week than ever. Wednesday morning we baked spooky Halloween cookies. Tyson had fun flouring the counter and rolling out the dough for me. Jace got to participate by pushing the cookie cutters into the dough, and Tyson and I moved them all to the cookie sheet to bake. I managed to decorate them while they were napping, since I imagined a major mess if I let them get their hands on tubes of icing!!! We have all enjoyed eating them though:) I made a batch of cupcakes this morning with the boys and we decorated them for the Fall Festival at church coming up. They will be sold at the bake sale.
Everything else here is good. The weather couldn't be more perfect for enjoying all of our fall festivities. I am excited for our Fall Festival on Sunday at church and some trick-or-treating after that. I am also excited that after tomorrow morning I will have completed my hardest week of training! I am running 10 miles at 8am and it should be a very good indication of how the actual race will go. I am pretty excited for this run, and hope it goes well. Do you know how hard it has been to not eat any cupcakes and limit my cookies this week too??!! I am trying to eat well so I feel good for my runs, and these holidays and all their yummy treats are killing me! Only one more week from tomorrow and it will be over!! I can't believe it is already so close. I am more excited than nervous today...hope that lasts!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home