/> SLO in Arkansas: Eight was great!

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Eight was great!

I ran 8 miles last night and it felt great!! I was intimidated about it all day long and turns out it was not really a big deal. I ran a little different course than usual for the long run since we went at night and the place I usually run is out in the middle of nowhere and creepy after dark! It absolutely amazes me how fast the miles fly by when you are talking. I don't even remember the first 3 miles! Anyway, we ran about a 10:45 pace which is about 30 seconds per mile slower than usual. I think it may have been due to the more hilly course, and the fact that we didn't start running until after 8:30 pm and I was just worn out from having a busy day already. My goal is to run about 10 minute miles for the race so we will see. Anyway, I felt great when I was done and feel good today too. Not sore or anything, which is nice. I ran 7 miles on Saturday afternoon, 4.5 miles on Monday night, and 8 miles Wed night for a whopping total of 19.5 miles in the past 5 days. I think my legs deserve a little break today:) I am participating in my first bike race this Saturday morning and I am really excited! I will be riding in the Harvest Hundred which conveniently benefits the counseling agency I work for at church:) My plan is to ride the 25 mile route, but that is still to be determined. I may just go 10. Anyway, I am super excited for the ride and it will be a good change of pace from all the running lately. I think I have hit a turning point in my mind and feel pretty confident about the half marathon now that I hit the 8 mile mark. 5 miles is just not that much farther and I know I could go out and do it now if I had to. I can't believe I only have two more long runs left before the race...my 9 and 10 mile runs!! I am getting excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home